🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Return of Connects When Client is Booted from...
Page options
carilee_m
Community Member

Return of Connects When Client is Booted from Upwork?

I have received messages from Upwork on at least three tasks for which I submitted proposals, that the task/client had been removed from Upwork because it did not comply with the terms of service (not allowed to pay outside the Upwork ecosystem). I had no way to know beforehand that the client was in violation of the rules. Upwork said that this would not negatively reflect on me. But the connects that I used to submit the proposal were not returned to me even though the job was bounced from the system through no fault of mine. Shouldn't we be given back connects that disappear in this way? Also, I would like any tips on screening out improper client offers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carilee,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've checked and Connects were already refunded to you as the jobs have been taken down due to violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the clients' accounts. You can check this under your Connect History

Please check this thread for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carilee,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've checked and Connects were already refunded to you as the jobs have been taken down due to violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the clients' accounts. You can check this under your Connect History

Please check this thread for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members