🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Hi freelancers and Upwork team please hel...
Page options
Chadli M Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

How i know that i am eligible for rising talent badge?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Marc,

The Rising Talent badge is available by invitation only. This means that even if you meet the qualifications for earning one, it will not be automatically added to your profile. Some factors are considered based on the criteria, your profile, and other factors, including your work category. The badge will be added to your profile if you're selected and no action is required from you.

Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

693 REPLIES 693
Nenad J Community Member

Really? In the email I received they didn't mention it. If true - super! Thank You!

Muhammad A Community Member

I want to get Risisng Talent Badge.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know, and it will also reflect on your profile.

- Pradeep
Ahsan Z Community Member

Someone can help me basically i want to know how to get rising talent badge as i has been working on Upwork from 2020.
Jss is 90%.Completed jobs and get all 5 star ratings.

Please tell me how i can get rising talent badge.

Stuart H Community Member

Pretty easily googled, my friend:

To qualify for a Rising Talent badge, you must:

Ahsan Z Community Member

But upwork says when JSS alloted rising talent badge disappears and i have 90% Jss so its mean i cant get rising talent badge now?

But question is if my badge disapears due to jss then how it is possible to disapear one thing which is not geting before

Mykola A Community Member

Only newbies able to be talent. You already have JSS, no more newbie.

Dont worry, i also missed this stage. Keep working for top-rated.

Amjad h Community Member

you will not get the rising talent badge because you have jss, Now, you will get the top-rated badge directly so keep working and please on your availability badge 

Ahsan Z Community Member

Thank you very much Brother

Jiban R Community Member

Hello, I am complete 2 work, But till now not show any badge, Any Expert can suggest me after seeing my profile.. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/jiban

Advance Thanks a lot

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Jiban,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know, and it will also reflect on your profile.
~ Luiggi
Jiban R Community Member

can you tel me after seeing my profile, when i will eligible?

Muhammad I Community Member

I have completed my first job on Upwork. When will Rising Talent Badge shows on my profile?

Hi Muhammad,

~ AJ
Upwork
Muhammad I Community Member

Thank You Annie Jane for useful information.

Okedeji J Community Member

Is there a way to get it back?

Hi Okedeji,

Thank you for reaching out. As long as you meet the criteria listed here, you can earn the Rising Talent badge back.

~ AJ
Upwork
Layan R Community Member

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Layan,

~ Luiggi
Waqar A Community Member

Hi,

I am new on Upwork and I have more than 5 years of experience in recruiting and Business development. I am continuously applying for jobs. But I have not received a single message on Upwork. Please help me. I want to start my freelance career.

Thanks

Alexander P Community Member

Are those real people in your portfolio? If so are they okay/ aware that you are publishing potentially identifying information on them online like that in a very public arena like Upwork? Seems crazy to me.

Crystal P Community Member

A rising talent badge is earned not given. You need to work hard to acquire clients on the platform and again earn 5 star reviews. Many freelancers have come to Upwork with years of experience and unfortunately only some suceed and earn badges to show furture clients that they're reliable and hardworkers. 

Laszlo B Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team!

I know there are multiple posts in Rising Talent Badge topic and I think the reason is because the requirements are very inaccurate.

Especially these 2 lines

• Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
  • Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

My situation is the following:

1. I have an old profile which I haven't used for a few years. (joined in the past 30 days doesn't apply for me)

2. 14th of April 2023 I started sending proposals to projects that match my skill set (today is 21st of August so 90 days have already passed)

3. Landed my 1st project on 19th of May which is still ongoing with regular payments (90 days have already passed)

4. Landed my 2nd job on 21st of May and finished it by 22nd of May (90 days have already passed from start and from end date as well)

5. I have completed 3 contracts (with great ratings) in total and have 2 in progress so I don't have JSS yet.

The latest update of my badges/JSS was on 20th of August, which means the mentioned projects in point 3, 4 (1 ongoing 1 finished) are more than 90 days earlier than the date of the check.

In the last 4 months I've submitted over a 100 proposals to relevant projects and completed a few successfully.

How am I not fulfilling those 2 criterias? I'm a bit puzzled on this.

My problem:

I'm about to get my JSS as I have 5 projects in total and a few upcoming ones, so if I'm not able to get the Rising Talent badge to use the Consultation function (https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411743730963) before that, I have to wait 13 weeks till I'm eligible for Top Rated.

I was expecting to get the badge last Saturday (20th of August) as it seems I fulfill all the criteria, but apparently I didn't get it.

Would it be possible to update the documentation on the criteria to make it more straightforward?

What is considered when you verify the 90 days activity period?

- 1st proposal submission date?

- 1st project start date?

- 1st project end date?

I understand that you always reply that it will appear on my account automatically when I fulfill the criteria, however it doesn't seem to be the case.

Please look into this and improve the accuracy of the documentation so it would be easier for everyone to interpret the requirements, this would also reduce the amount of support posts asking about Rising Talent badge.

Thanks,
Laszlo 

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Laszlo,

Remember that many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities that are available in the market. We appreciate your suggestion and we'll be sure to share it with the team!

~ Luiggi
Arshita A Community Member

Hi, I have completed all the criteria for a rising talent badge and have earned almost $1000 on here but still haven't gotten the rising talent badge. Can you please help regarding it?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members