🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talent Badge
Page options
1cf5e6f7
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

Hello,

I read the article about the Rising Talent Badge and met all the requirements but still didn't get one. I have had 8 clients and my profile is looking pretty good. Am I doing something wrong or is it a normal thing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Bogdan,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. It also looks like you're on your way to earning your Job Success score.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

594 REPLIES 594
c0552567
Community Member

I opened this account a long time ago but I didn't know much about you but already I got a lot of idea about you but after asking myself some questions and recharging I found out that those who are opening new accounts are rising talent and a new freelancer gets it more. Can work with initiative it is no doubt a good initiative in Upwork but I have not worked you for long time for my skill development for which now what are the chances of getting my rising talent if I want to continue work from now which is my web design and development related skill development After doing this I updated my profile to tell you what are my chances of getting Rising Talent?

Thank you all so much for your patience in reading this issue of mine and have a nice day

Hi MD. Ashraf,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
shakir_mit
Community Member

Hello,

Once I got a raising talent badge but it is not visible on my profile now. Please guide why I can't see it and how I can display it again.

Thanks.

Hi Shakir,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
373bbd62
Community Member

I want my Rising Talent badge back, so what is the process to get it back? It was removed from my profile, so if there is a method to get it back, then please let me know.

Hi  Md Shahadat,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.
~ Nikola
Upwork
373bbd62
Community Member

i have already rising talent badge, but recent it is gone, here i attached the proof, please get back my rising talent badge.

Hi Md Shahadat,

I'm sorry to hear that the Rising Talent Badge has been removed from your profile. Please note that the Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. However, this process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
486ab523
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

I have been going through the same trouble. It was so exciting for me to get the Rising Talent badge but I didn't recieve any mail or notification from upwork(more than 48hours have passed) and i recieved no connects as well. I want to know if I am actually a Rising Talent or is it just showing on my profile due to some error. 

Hi Salman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and it doesn't look like you're qualified to have the Rising Talent badge at the moment.

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here.

~ AJ
Upwork
2735a143
Community Member

Hello i have received my Rising Talent badge 2-3 days ago but I checked my connects history and I could not see any more connects added to my account, please add my rising talent badge connects as I have ran out of connects already, it would be really helpful, Thanks!

Hi Mubdi,

Thank you for reaching out to us and congratulations on receiving a Rising Talent Badge. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a42b8bb4
Community Member

Hello 

Why I didn't receive 30 connects when I earned Rising Talent badge?

Hi Aisen,

Firstly, Congratulations on receiving your Rising Talent Badge. I'll have one of our team members review your account and assist you via a support ticket. Kindly expect an update on this page once it's been fully reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
33e8565f
Community Member

Namashkaram! 🙏 Warm greetings to everyone! I'm finding it difficult to understand how to get rising talent badge? Read the FAQs and yet I couldn't land that badge even after following everything. Also will 1 year working on Upwork with atleast $1000 earning ensure top rated badge? Kindly answer these questions experienced seniors!

Regards,

Chander

Hi Chandler,

We appreciate your enthusiasm in achieving this badge. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know. 

However, I have checked your stats and it looks like you already got a 100% Job Success Score which means that you can start working toward Top Rated status. We wish you the best of luck and keep up the good work!

~ Arjay
Upwork
02fba6ef
Community Member

I recently got a raising talent badge and didn't get 30 free connects, also didn't get 10 free connects for my basic plan this month, when do you award these free connects? also, didn't get my 10 free connects when I had my first interview.

Hi Bojana,

Thank you for reaching out to us and congratulations on getting your Rising Talent Badged. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
02fba6ef
Community Member

thank you, raising talents connects are sorted!

also, could you check if my interview I had on 21.09. was worth 10 free connects.

Also, when in the current month do you award 10 free connects to basic members?

eac8ce59
Community Member

Here is my upwork profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0154cf87f293c44fbd

• I have completed 2 jobs and earned $220
  • I have 100% profile completeness
  • I regularly submit proposals in last 3 weeks

But I still don't have a rising talent badge, why?

eac8ce59_0-1664718007464.png

Hi Feng,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and it doesn't look like you're qualified to have the Rising Talent badge at the moment.

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for the reply. 

3982aaef
Community Member

My profile got job success score of 75% but got no rising talent badge. Why? I thought when I got my rising talent badge it will reduce fees to 10% and now they asking me to work towards top rated bade and what of Rising talent badge. Is this a scam upwork is doing with their freelancers. I need answers.

I think there are more factors to the Rising Talent, than just JSS. Also I believe it's 10% on Featured jobs not all jobs (Rising Talent Level). Stick with it, work hard, find good clients (they exist) and you'll be top-rated in no time!

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Rising-Talent

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that the Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don't have their Job Success Score yet. Once they receive their JSS, the freelancer can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a77045c6
Community Member

I understand better now.

APR*

Community Member

Hello Upworkers,

I have followed all the rules and regulations of upwork for getting rising talent and jss badge but still i didn't get that.

I was wondering that i haven't given upwork readiness test that's why i didn't got the badge but on some upwork  post it was said that readiness test has bee removed.

I daily apply to proposals

100% profile completed 

completed 3 jobs succesfully with 5 star ratings

follow all upwork guideliness

but still i didn't  get the badge , you all can check my profile for proof

please give me the badge so that i can get more jobs.

I don't have enough money to buy a computer for my younger brother that's why i was wondering to get more jobs on upwork and earn money to buy and gift him.

Please it's my humble request, give me the badge gentlemen!

So you don't want it from the ladies?

3 jobs is not enough, finish a few more. 

Edit: watchatalking about, you only have two finished jobs, and if you keep them that small, you will need a bunch more, maybe 8 or so.

Finally; don't worry about it. I don't think clients care that much about it. 

Thanks Martina.

It's showing two jobs but today i have completed a hourly job which will get live on my profile when client pays me.

Thanks for your motivation.

Could you please share some tips to get more jobs and best ways to write proposals. 

Will appreciate it.

I have seen a freelancer profile and he has only completed 3 jobs and also his profile is not fully completed but he got a rising talent badge

(If you allow then i can share a screenshot)

I have also completed 3 jobs (1 job is not showing until client pays me for hourly on monday) and have 100% completed profile but i didn't get that , i'm just not trying to compairing myself with others , just trying to know why i didn't get the badge till now

Please help me

167ac944
Community Member

Hi, I got a rising talent badge and get a JSS badge. But unfortunately, I can't maintain both badges. My question is Can I get these badges back or not? If I can get back what conditions apply for this process?

Hi Muhammad Asif,

Your Rising Talent badge may be removed for the following reasons -

• your account is put on hold for violating the Upwork Terms of Service;
  • you earn a Job Success Score on your Upwork profile;
  • you do not continue meeting the Rising Talent requirements listed here.

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned to a freelancer who meets the requirements in the article I shared above. You may also want to check this help article for more details about Upwork's Talent Badges.

~ Arjay
Upwork
167ac944
Community Member

thanks

Same here, I did the test then I got a Rising Talent badge. And when I have 5 - 8 clients then I got 100% JSS. Now, my Rising Talent disappeared, and my JSS reduced to 83%. I've been wondering too. But two things I've learnt the Rising Talent doesn't remain when I have JSS. And when JSS doesn't reach 100%, I have less opportunity to join new clients' projects when they require JSS or at least 90%.

APR*

22d53afb
Community Member

Hi all members
Please suggest to me how can i check my profile mistakes.
Because I have done all verification of my Upwork account and I have followed all terms and conditions. But why I can't get a rising talent badge

same thing here hehe

Hi Sameed and Abdessamad,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Let us know if need further assistace.

~ Arjay
Upwork
kellijohnson
Community Member

I used to be part of Rising Talent but somehow I lost it.  I'm working on getting it again hopefully.

c2d5a75d
Community Member

Normal 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members