🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talent Badge
Page options
1cf5e6f7
Community Member

Rising Talent Badge

Hello,

I read the article about the Rising Talent Badge and met all the requirements but still didn't get one. I have had 8 clients and my profile is looking pretty good. Am I doing something wrong or is it a normal thing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Bogdan,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. It also looks like you're on your way to earning your Job Success score.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

594 REPLIES 594

Hi Tina,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks Luiggi, but the thing is that I already read the criteria for Rising talent and I meet it but I still haven't got the badge.

9f395534
Community Member

A warm regards to everyone in here. I recently received "Rising Talent Badge" and have not completed any projects on Upwork . But my Portfolio, freelancing records and educational profile is strong one. Please, someone give me best practice on how can I maintain my Rising Talent Badge to ascertains excellent results?? I need to get it right. Your advice and suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks Below is link to my profile https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01bb54b50a0a588aa6
arif029
Community Member

My account is 06 years old and I have 79 completed works with 678 hours of work. But I did not get Rising Talent Badge ? What is the process of getting the badge. My Niche is Flyer, Brochure, Mandala Art, Coloring Book Design, Magazine Design.  How can I get Rising Talent Badge  ?

d533130f
Community Member

I'm newbie at this platform and i passed upwork readiness test. But i coudln't get rising talent badge and after consuming so many connects, didn't get any order. Help me to tackle the situation, if there is any  problem with my cover letter. Need Suggestions

Hi Ali,

While I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here.

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
lazartesalud
Community Member

Hello,

I've completed all the requirements for rising star badge and still haven't received one. Please help

thank you.

Hi Salud,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork

I recently messaged Upwork privately asking about the Rising Talent Badge, the representative mentioned that it is an "Invitation Only" badge.   Here, more than one representative mentions that it is assigned automatically once the criteria are met and that it is replaced with a JSS.  I have neither. Please help me understand which is true for how the Rising Talent Badge is assigned and what criteria I am missing.

Thanks,

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Thank you for raising this clarification here. The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5177fd30
Community Member

Thank you for the response.

• Complete projects on time and as promised to clients      Completed 
  • Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work Completed, It says it's Completed 
  • Keep your availability status up-to-date Completed, Paying Connects for the "Available Now" 
  • Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set 150+ and Counting.
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service     Considering the limitations of the platform, difficult not to.
  • Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days   Actively submitting proposals since March,  200 days and counting. 

From previous comments, there are multiple people that are given the same generic response as I was given. Understandably specific reasons shouldn't be revealed publicly but is the difficulty to send a private message to freelancers giving further explaination too much for representatives?

arif029
Community Member

My account is 06 years old and I have successfully completd 76 nos job and 676 hours. But still I am not selected as Rising Talent. Why ?

Your jobs from years ago are not considered, and you only have 1 recent job. If you keep going on a more consistent basis, you will move to either Rising talent or JSS later on.

ff6ee26b
Community Member

Hello, Upwork Community.

It have done all the requirements for Rising Talent Badge. But still I am unable to get this badge.

Can anyone please help me to get the right suggestion to earn this badge?

I am looking forward to your valuable response.

Thanks in advance

Hi Ali,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
smgar
Community Member

I have already passed Readiness Test & I also completed all criteria but I donot get rising talent badge. support me please.

Hi Sagar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork
a78d9a4d
Community Member

Hi, Duncan here.

My profile still won't have a badge even a rising talent. Have done 5 successful work so far and 3 5 star ratings.

I am hoping to get one soon. 

@https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0196c021a5d5039ac0

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork
6be34f82
Community Member

Why i'dont see my rising talent badge 

thanks 🙂

Hi Ayhan,

Thank you for your message. I see that you already have a JSS on your profile now. Once you have enough work history on Upwork, we will automatically replace your Rising Talent status with a Job Success Score (JSS). You can start working toward Top Rated status.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
484d99fd
Community Member

Hi, I was wondering, is it possible to get at Rising talent badge with a long term client? I have been with this client for over 6 months now and earn already more than $1000+

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mejur,

The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

~Andrea
Upwork
bfa69304
Community Member

I have a profile that is 100% complete, I have uploaded a video, all of my skills, I am available for work and also I have a portfolio attached. My boyfriend has also an Upwork profile and he has done the exact same things as me, however he got a Rising Talent Badge and I did not.

The interesting thing is that I got a job and he did not get one yet. So I am thinking - maybe is it because I already got a job?

Anyway, this is my profile - https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~010ff11f6e877b1430

I am eager to hear some feedbacks! 

Hi Elena,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that the Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile.

Once all the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Remember, many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities that are available in the market. Even professionals who have yet to complete any Upwork projects can become Rising Talent if they have skills that are in demand.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Elena - I see your profile and It's fine. You just need to be available
as much as you can. Be online on upwork as you mentioned on you upwork
profile(more than 30hours/week)

you will get Rising Talent Soon.
kardelen06
Community Member

Hello there,

I hope you are all fine. I have been active in upwork for almost 8 months. I have completed one job succesfully. I am sending proposals daily, my availaibility status is up-to-date,i have a %100 completed profile and i passed the readiness test aswell. But i do not get the rising talent badge.  I do not understand the reason why. I could not pass the test at first but in second try i passed it. Do you think me not getting rising talent badge has something to do with this? 

Any help would be delightful for me. Thank you for your attention.

Hi Kardelen,

Thank you for your message. The Rising Talent badge is automatically assigned when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. Once you qualify for the badge, you will receive a notification letting you know and it will also reflect on your profile.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your attention. So can i say that passing the readiness test in my second try will not effect getting rising talent badge ?

d5371a68
Community Member

I just got my rising talent badge less than a week ago...and it has already been disabled now...what do I do about that and I have been in compliance with upwork terms of service

Hi Steve,

Remember, many factors contribute to a Rising Talent badge. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile, prior experience and skills, your educational background, and the opportunities that are available in the market. However, I was able to reach out to the relevant team for them to review your concern. Kindly expect an update on this page once your support ticket has been created. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
1826faed
Community Member

I have a 3 years of old profile on upwork and there are only 2 job  and 2 feedback 1 is a postive and secend is nagtive feedback 

for nagtive feedback i lost my raising talent badge and jobe secusec score but now i had one new project and the clint is agree with me and maybe he give me good feedback so i want to ask community can i get recive my rising telnt badge and my jsc please any one gide me my total 12 month earnig is 1k+ and 319 hours total on my profile can anyone giude me 

Hi Sabir,

We do understand that you want the badge to be reassigned to you. However, while I won't be able to provide a specific reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for the Rising Talent badge, note that Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. I hope this clarifies. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
1826faed
Community Member

okay i am understand but can you please tell me when its show on my profile i also open some dispute but dont resived a an valid reson 

Thank you for your response Sabir,

I certainly understand you need further clarification. I'll have one of the team members review your case and assist you further on the support ticket that's been set up with your concern. Kindly expect an update once it's been fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b79ea404
Community Member

Hello! I wanna take Upwork readiness test but I couldn't find the option readiness test. Please guide me on what to do.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mehr,

Please note that the Upwork Readiness Test is being discontinued as a requirement for the Rising Talent Badge and from the platform in general. Please see this announcement for more information. 

~Andrea
Upwork
a77045c6
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I just found out that my Rising Talent Badge disappeared from my Profile Page. 

Would you tell me please what was wrong with it?

Thank you very much

APR

Threr was nothing wrong with it.

You have reach the next level, you have a Job Success Score (JSS) now.

Oh, I see 😊

Thank you for the clarification, Sophie 🤗

APR

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members

Upcoming Events
Jun 25
Crafting Your Compelling Story
Talent Toolbox English