🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising talent badge and JSS badge both gone o...
Page options
mechsolengineer
Community Member

Rising talent badge and JSS badge both gone on my profile

I wasn't active on Upwork for quite some time, although my profile is like 3 or 4 years old.I used to have the Rising Talent badge and after that 100% JSS badge when I did some projects on Upwork, but then I found some direct clients from other sources and I started working with them and stopped using upwork. Now I really want to resume working on upwork again but I was surprised to see my rising talent and JSS badge gone. And now its so very difficult to get clients without these badges. I have spent around $200 buying connects and sending out proposals but to no use. Most proposals aren't getting viewed, those who are, clients never contact for an interview.

Why is it that? Can I at least get my Rising Talent badge back?

4 REPLIES 4
10b9b790
Community Member

It's understandable that you're frustrated with the current situation on Upwork. Losing badges like Rising Talent and a high Job Success Score (JSS) can indeed make it more challenging to attract clients and win projects. However, there are steps you can take to improve your profile and increase your chances of success:

1. Improve Your Profile: Update your Upwork profile with recent experience, skills, and portfolio items. Make sure your profile is complete, professional, and tailored to your target clients.

2. Work on Projects: Consider taking on smaller projects or fixed-price contracts to build up your reputation and feedback on Upwork. Completing successful projects can help improve your Job Success Score over time.

3. Request Feedback: Reach out to previous clients you've worked with outside of Upwork and ask if they'd be willing to leave feedback on your profile. Positive client feedback can help boost your credibility and trustworthiness.

4. Be Selective with Proposals: Instead of mass-sending proposals, focus on crafting personalized, tailored proposals for projects that are a good fit for your skills and expertise. Quality over quantity can lead to better results.

5. Engage with the Upwork Community: Participate in Upwork's community forums, webinars, and events to network with other freelancers and learn tips and strategies for success on the platform.

6. Consider Upwork's Specialized Programs: Explore Upwork's specialized programs like the Rising Talent program or Top Rated program, which offer additional visibility and benefits for qualifying freelancers.

As for regaining your Rising Talent badge, Upwork periodically evaluates freelancers for inclusion in the Rising Talent program based on various factors such as profile completeness, activity, and performance. While there's no guarantee that you'll automatically regain the badge, focusing on improving your profile and performance can increase your chances of being recognized by Upwork's algorithms.

Thank you!!

sofia2008
Community Member

All of your completed jobs are older than 2 years and are no longer considered in the JSS calculation. If you were not active, you were not a RisingTalent. Once you get active again, you will get the appropriate badge if you qualify.

d00c8a3b
Community Member

It's common for inactive freelancers on Upwork to experience challenges when returning to the platform, especially if they had previously earned badges like Rising Talent or a high Job Success Score (JSS). Here are some reasons why you might be encountering difficulties and steps you can take to improve your situation:

1. Inactive Period: If you were inactive on Upwork for an extended period, your profile may have lost visibility and credibility. Clients may be hesitant to hire freelancers with outdated profiles or without recent activity.

2. Loss of Badges: Upwork periodically evaluates freelancers for badges like Rising Talent and Top Rated based on their performance and activity on the platform. If you were inactive for a while, it's possible that you lost these badges due to inactivity or a decrease in performance metrics.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members