🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam?
Page options
2e544a09
Community Member

Scam?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

After sending a proposal for a job with a very short very vage description I got this message (see above) and just wanted to know if I'm the only one here who thinks that this is some scam. It sounds like one to me the way it's written. Your opinion?

Anyway, I said no (bc I don't use telegram or do crypto anyway, so..). 😉

6 REPLIES 6
3bc7c6e0
Community Member

I think it is Because ive been scammed just now

After Completing the work they said i should pay a fee of 100$ before i get payed

It's a scam, one of the oldest around here. You shouldn't have communicated outside of Upwork, or done work without an Upwork contract.

Of course it is a scam. You are a photographer charging $10.00 per hour. You show no job history and no portfolio.

Yet, your first and only job was for $2000.00? And what did you do for this client?

There is something missing from your post. What did you agree to do or buy, or what did you buy for the client to make such a fee?

You give them $100.00 and they give you a ruined Upwork account and no money. Maybe even a chargeback.

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Scam

roberty1y
Community Member

It's some kind of scam, even if the client has verified payment. Upwork doesn't accept crypto payments. 

the-right-writer
Community Member

Yes, it is a scam. You should not have even considered the job when they offer you payment in cryptocurrency or want you to communicate outside Upwork for an Upwork job listing. Your account can be permanently suspended if you violate the Terms of Service.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members