🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scamm//Upwork can't force clients to make pa...
Page options
752322d1
Community Member

Scamm//Upwork can't force clients to make payment via upwork?

I'm new freelancer here and I can't believe this site infested by scammers. I got 3 translation jobs and all of them Scamms. **Edited for Community Guidelines**.All of them paying throught private banks. And ask deposit fee for activation.İf you see **Edited for target=_blankCommunity Guidelines**Bank run away.I payed deposit for one and they asked again for ID cards.They keep asking as you send.Why upwork do nothing about this?Cant force clients to make payment via upwork.We send them half of work for review and get %50 of money and after completion we can ask for other half.Legit there are more scamm posts than legit ones.Upwork should do something rather than shrug.

3 REPLIES 3
d9fc6d8d
Community Member

You ignored the ToS and got scammed. Nothing to see here.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Yes, there are many, many scams on Upwork. However, you broke a big rule by going outside of Upwork. When you break the Terms of Service, there is nothing anyone can or will do for you. You gave the scammers your money.

If you want to freelance, start with this post. Pay attention to the Terms and the Red Flags from Wes. Upwork has problems, but you can't blame them when you broke the rules.

tlsanders
Community Member

I'm surprised that you haven't been banned from Upwork given your admission to serious TOS violations three times. Maybe read the terms of service before you try to get any more work.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members