🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scammed
Page options
44224fac
Community Member

Scammed

I am new to freelancing here in Upwork. I have this first proposal, he message me and immediately told me the task and he's going to pay more than what the contract's price stated. When I was already done with the job he asked, he never replied. 3 days passed still no response. How can i report this person so he cannot do it to others. And i'm so disappointed with the platform in terms of security of it's users especially freelancers who are new to this platform. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
sofia2008
Community Member

If you look at your Contract tab, do you have a contract? If yes, is it fixed price? If it is fixed price, is the milestone fully funded?

ArjayM

Hi Yolanda,

Thank you for your report. I have checked and I can't find an active contract on your account. Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. I would also like to let you know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

However, I checked the job you're referring to and it looks like it's been removed due to a violation of Upwork's TOS. We encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members