🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sent an email by mistake
Page options
addtraction
Community Member

Sent an email by mistake

I was chatting with an existing client and a prospective client simaltaneously. I wanted to send an email ID to the existing client and ask whose was it (it was not supposed to be there in the google ads account). After sending the email and a screenshot I realized I have wrongly sent it to the proespecting client, I deleted the messages and apologized as it was meant for my existing client, I also told him it was for another client of mine. I am still discussing things with the prospect client.

I know I should be careful while sending messages but it just happened by mistake. Did I violate any of the policies? I am full time Upwork worker and always adhere to the policies to the best I can. The prospect client also sent me his skype but i clearly told him this is not allowed.

Is my account okay? Really don't want to be penalized for this inadvertant error. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks a ton Goran, really appreciate your quick response. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ajay,

I would like to confirm that communicating outside of Upwork before an official contract is formed is not allowed. However, if a client asks you to communicate outside of Upwork you can remind them about our TOS and even use our Voice/Video messages.
Rest assured, you will not have any problems with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks a ton Goran, really appreciate your quick response. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members