🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Set Specific Specialized Profile for Each Pro...
Page options
refeoj
Community Member

Set Specific Specialized Profile for Each Project Catalog

Hi!

I just had my first Project Catalog (for my Image Editing profile) approved and I noticed that the 'About Me' in the bottom of the page shows my generic profile. I'm basically new to Image Editing and frankly have not started earning with it yet, so a specialized profile with all the relevant wordings and portfolio to show would be great. Can we do that now, or is that something in the works? 

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Joefer,

Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion. I'll pass this along to the appropriate team.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joefer,

Looks like you already have Specialized profiles created. Your profile contains an indicator that you have other specialized profiles, and the client will have the option to switch between those versions when viewing your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
refeoj
Community Member

Hey, Bozan.

My main gripe with it is that it would entail extra clicks, which might cause enough friction to drive clients away. Seeing that we can actually set Catalog Projects as public links, think it might be a good opportunity to drive non-Upwork clients to the platform. A single page containing most of the info relevant to the project (i.e. matching the clients' needs) would be awesome.

But if this isn't something Upwork is considering, then I'll just need to get creative with my profile (the generic one, especially). 

Thank you.

Hi Joefer,

Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion. I'll pass this along to the appropriate team.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Was this solved? I have the same issue.

holly-thompson
Community Member

My project catalog is a completely different skill set than the general profile I have. I have created specialized profiles for the work outlined in the project catalog, but why can't I specify the specialized profile? The general profile appears. My general profile is as a Salesforce Administrator and Project Manager. My project catalog entry is for proofreading and copy editing. Very different and detrimental to my project catalogue project.

zekushkaxxx
Community Member

Hi, I have the same issue. I created my first Project catalogue, and it shows my general profile, which is not directly related to the service I offer. It's like having a billboard paid for by the Porche Group, where Skoda is advertising an Audi model. Literally doesn't make sense. 

5fc7232e
Community Member

Hello, as an Android developer who recently started a second profile as a resume writer, I'm facing an issue where clients are seeing my general profile, in the catalog project for resume writing. This can be unpleasing for clients who are interested in my resume-writing services and expect to see a dedicated profile for that specific job position When clients visit my general profile, they end up seeing my resume-writing project

I want to make sure clients can find the right information easily and have a better experience.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members