🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Sharing upwork profile in social media
Page options
evaristg
Community Member

Sharing upwork profile in social media

Hello,

I recently contacted support for this, but now looking at our chats I have some additional questions. I thought it would be a good idea to ask these questions here, so it may helps all the upwork community :).

I am creating content for different social media to create my brand as a freelance developer and I would like to share my upwork profile or just some screeshots of me applying for a job in upwork.

Is this allowed?

I was told I can't share 'sensitive information' about my account. What exactly is considered 'sensitive information'?

2 REPLIES 2
jr-translation
Community Member

Felipe T wrote:

Hello,

I recently contacted support for this, but now looking at our chats I have some additional questions. I thought it would be a good idea to ask these questions here, so it may helps all the upwork community :).

I am creating content for different social media to create my brand as a freelance developer and I would like to share my upwork profile or just some screeshots of me applying for a job in upwork.

Is this allowed?

I was told I can't share 'sensitive information' about my account. What exactly is considered 'sensitive information'?

If you set your profile to "visible for everyone" it can be found simply by googeling it. I see no reason why you should not be allowed to share a link to it in your social media. Just make sure you are the only person with access to you profile.

Thanks Jennifer.

Just in case, when I say 'share my upwork profile' I mean sharing the url or a screenshot of the profile.

I don't know what you mean with 'make sure you are the only person with access to your profile'. I would never share my credentials to login into my account if that is what you meant. That is sensitive information for sure.

But for example, is my weekly overview with my earnings for the week considered sensitive information?

Is the 'my stats' tab (I mean the tab that says the percentage of clients who would recommend me and some stats about my proposals) considered sensitive information?

Is a screenshot of me applying for a job considered sensitive information?

I just want to promote my upwork services. So I thought it was a good idea to ask exactly what I can / can't share.

I am sure this question is going to be useful for other freelancers too. 🙂
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members