🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should CLIENT REMOVE MY WORK from his website...
Page options
6e2db39c
Community Member

Should CLIENT REMOVE MY WORK from his website after REFUND

Hello dear Upworkers!

I have refunded a client his money after he left me a 1.9 rating where he argued that my English is full of mistakes (which is not the case and he always praised me before I decided to end the contract). Anyways, after I refunded his money, I believe that the work is no longer his and that he doesn't own the copyrights to it (as far as I know). Can someone tell me if this is the case? If so, what should I do if he doesn't remove it.

I feel like this is a way that some aweful clients follow so that they get free content. I"m a blog writer by the way, and my writings are still on his website!

This is one of the articles I wrote: 

https://rais-rochdi.medium.com/how-to-set-up-an-efficient-event-marketing-timeline-in-8-steps-84ec0a...

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hello Rochdi,

Thank you for reporting this to us. Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info so I could forward this to the appropriate team to review and take action?

Thanks

Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Rochdi R wrote:

Anyways, after I refunded his money, I believe that the work is no longer his and that he doesn't own the copyrights to itThat is not how it works. The client didn't ask for their money back, did they? 

The deal is that the client owns the work once they have paid for it. You can't unilaterally decide that you want to regain ownership by sending a refund that wasn't asked for.

Rochdi R wrote:

he argued that my English is full of mistakes (which is not the case...)

In fairness to the client, it's not, by any stretch of the imagination, "native or bilingual" either.

Pradeep H wrote:

I could forward this to the appropriate team to review and take action?

Upwork can't and won't "take action" regarding what a client has on their own website. That is nothing to do with Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members