🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Should a freelancer send a proposal if the po...
Page options
thewrighter
Community Member

Should a freelancer send a proposal if the posting is aimed at a particular freelancer?

Hi there!

I was browsing through job postings for "beta reader" and I saw one that caught my eye. However the client seems to have addressed it specifically to a freelancer**Edited for Community Guidelines**

"Hi**Edited for Community Guidelines**: I'm a professional writer, but I've just tried something outside my usual genre, and I would love to have you beta-read for me.."

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I still see the option to apply for the job but would it be a waste of connects?

Thanks for throwing light on this matter,

Nico

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a7c6f370
Community Member

I feel like it would be just waste of connect. Most probably that client made the post to send invite or offer to that particular freelancer with whom maybe they have previously worked with.

I don't apply on such jobs but I see people applying.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
spectralua
Community Member

I did. Something like "If Ashley not available..." But it was useless all times, client want Ashley, noone else. You can do if have lot of connects to waste.

a7c6f370
Community Member

I feel like it would be just waste of connect. Most probably that client made the post to send invite or offer to that particular freelancer with whom maybe they have previously worked with.

I don't apply on such jobs but I see people applying.

bundie702
Community Member

In cases like that the client should make the job Invite Only. I think some of them might not know about this feature.

I was thinking the same. The client possibly does not know about this feature.

2734cce5
Community Member

Yes 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members