🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Showcase your past experience with testimonia...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
mrprot
Community Member

Sana

Once it happened to me and I sent an email to the Upwork support team with all of my client's information (email, phone, LinkedIn).

Then the support team reviewed and confirmed that the customer was a real person.

Best,

Mateus

Hello Sana,

Thank you for your patience. 

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
m_talha_saeed
Community Member

Hello everyone. I've started Upwork a few days ago (Although my profile is 1 year old, due to personal reasons and I opened it this month).

So, far I am collecting reviews/testimonials from my non-Upwork clients. But yesterday, I've sent a testimonial request to a non-Upwork client, but he didn't receive it.

Upwork is still showing me that it's awaiting from Client's response. But if he didn't receive it, then how he's gonna reply to that request.

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please confirm if your client has tried checking their junk/spam folder? 

~Andrea
Upwork

I'll get back to you with his reply!

No, he didn't receive any message regarding the testimonial request.

Hi Muhammad, thanks for confirming!

Due to the status of the Upwork account associated with this email address the request cannot be resent at this time. You can try requesting a testimonial from a different client.

~Andrea
Upwork

Will the pending status affect my profile?

Hi Muhammad,

Not at all! This is not visible in your public profile.

~Andrea
Upwork

Appreciate your assistance 👍🏻

d17e27d4
Community Member

I just joined Upwork and i received a mail to request for testimonial from my past clients have worked for but when i clicked the link it redirect to my profile page and there's nothing like Testimonial on my profile page.

I am having the same trouble too. I created my profile 2 days ago and saw the testimonial section. Today I wanted to reach out to a past client asking for a review, but the section has entirely disappeared from my profile...

Hi Emmanuel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your testimonial request. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

could one of the team look into my profile too? 

Many thanks,

Ilaria

Hi Ilaria,

Of course, I just escalated your concern as well and our team will investigate it further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ahmedyarabbbasi
Community Member

Hello Guys,

I've been seeing the testimonial section since the start but I never requested one. Today when I decided to request a testimonial from a previous client on Upwork, I can't see the feature. I went to my profile page and it is not showing up. Can anyone help? Where did it go? Thanks

Best regards,

Ahmed Yar

21df23ba
Community Member

Hello,

I have been working on building my profile and had some clients outside of Upwork who wanted to provide a testimonial.  When I went to send a testimonial request the section was not available in my profile anymore.  Would anyone have some insight on why this is and how I can get my testimonial section back?

Thank you,

Rueben

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

Testimonials feature is currently unavailable but our engineers are working on bringing it back.

UPDATE: the option to add testimonials is once again available on freelancer profiles.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I want to request more testimonials from non-Upwork clients, but when I go to the "Testimonials" section of My Profile, there no longer is a "plus" button to add testimonials.

Is there a reason it does not appear?

Hi Mark,

Testimonials feature is currently unavailable, but our engineers are working on bringing it back.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi All, 

The option to add a testimonial is once again available. You should be able to see it on your profile underneath your Work History and Skills. 

We appreciate your patience!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Ma'am its now 10 days my client has send me testimonial but its not showing on my upwork profile yet. 
Please help me Ma'am.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Atif, 

We checked this for you, but we're not seeing any testimonial requests on your end. You can check this article and follow the listed steps for sending testimonial requests to your client/s. 

~ Avery
Upwork

my client testimonial also rejected. I read answers that you gave for clients who asked questions why their client's testimonials are rejected. same answer for all. Can I know what you expect as sufficient evidence? it is not enough telling that sufficient evidence pls explain broadly what kind of evidence you want from our clients. Then we can ask them to submit those evidence. because my customer has a good LinkedIn profile also but you rejected with in few hours.

Hi Charith,

To ensure trust and quality in our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients when we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client. Could you please send me a PM with the email address where you sent the request so I can check?

~ Joanne
Upwork

Nothing has been solved. In truth, as someone who has been a real freelancer in the real world, it is so much easier to drum up business. I have dedicated almost 2 weeks to your platform and it is clear that the algorithms used here are very poorly developed. Very disappointed. I have had more issues than anything else. It's unfortunate to see how many people are struggling and turning to this platform, led by false promises, only to struggle more. 

Your formulated response to testimonials being rejected is not sufficient. I just had a testimony rejected that came from a international referee, who is also on the UFC quite often... and you couldn't verify him? Get real. I can show people much better ways to attract good clients and not deal with the hassles you guys bring to so many people's life. I am not impressed with the 10% whom are reportedly doing well. I would be embarrassed if I were in your shoes. It is quite comical the "standards" you promote us to obey when dealing with clients... and look how you guys treat us. Completely unreliable and it is because of the work your freelancers do is the only reliable means of making the extraordinary money you are pulling in. You should be ashamed!

I need to please cancel and resend my testimonial request to jim Campbell bc he says he did not get it yet in his email 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Megan,

Please know, there was an issue recently that was causing delays with some emails being delivered. The issue has been resolved but emails sent during that time may still be delayed. Please allow some time for your testimonial request to reach the client and feel free to follow up with us if it still hasn't arrived after 24 hours.

~Andrea
Upwork
asifhaque07
Community Member

I was trying to add a testimonial from a client. Yesterday the feature was showing in my profile. But today the feature is not there and I can't make the request. Is there any solution to this?

animation-bronze
Community Member

Hi,
I've submitted a testimonial request to my client. But he hasn't received any email from Upwork so how I can solve this situation please help me.

Thank you

Best regards,
Mayraj

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address you've sent this request at? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
54aa9eb5
Community Member

Hi there,
I have completed my profile but there is no testimonial section anywhere in my account. Why is it so?
Why the testimonials section is not showing up in my profile?

Kindly resolve my issue.

Hi Shanzay,

I'm afraid that the Testimonials feature is currently unavailable but our engineers are working on bringing it back. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
saifyfyfy
Community Member

I went on my profile to review and ask for somebody for their review and they were eager to do so. 

On my profile, I don't see that feature anymore. 

Has this been permanently removed? 

Please advise. 

Hi Saif, 

I'm sorry, but at this time, the feature is not yet available. I'd like to let you know that our engineers are already working to get this feature back up. Thank you for your understanding. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
hhumayun91
Community Member

Hey guys, 

I can't see the "request testimonial" option on my profile! 

Hi Haris,

Testimonials feature is currently unavailable but our engineers are working on bringing it back.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Any ETA on when it's going to be available again?

Hello Avery -

I've followed the instructions here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500002004322-Testimonials.

But I do not see the Request Testimonial button in the designated section.

Please advise,

James

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

The Testimonials feature is currently unavailable but our engineers are working on bringing it back.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members