🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Solved
Page options
Community Member

Solved

15 REPLIES 15
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Did a client respond to a proposal? You get 10 free connects for that. 

No ma'am, its monthly connects renewal, and I got 10 connects only for upgraded membership

Hi Elena,

Thank you for your message. I see that your profile is no longer subscribed to the Freelancer Plus plan. That said, you have received the free monthly Connects as per the Freelancer Basic plan.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi

So you mean this PLUS upgraded membership only lasts for a month, and I need to pay 15 USD for every month to remain with this PLUS Membership in order to get 80 connects ? otherwise, I will get back to the basic membership with 10 connects only every month ? 

And while the basic membership get 10 free connects every month, so what's the problem with PLUS membership that cannot get 80 free connects for every month but need to pay for it??

Is it the new policy as I read it clearly before that Freelancer Plus accounts receive 80 free Connects each month?

If I know this earlier, I will never upgrade it ...

Hi Elena,

Thank you for your message. The Freelancer Basic plan is your default free plan with 10 free Connects every month. The Freelancer Plus plan includes a larger monthly allotment of Connects, membership perks, and visibility into competitor bids at a cost. You can upgrade to this plan for $14.99 USD a month and get 80 free Connects every month. This membership plan will also help you market your services more effectively and stand out from the crowd.  You can refer to this help page for more information on the Freelancer Plus plan.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi,

I dont think your answer is solution for my concerns .

I upgraded to PLUS a month ago with 15 USD and so why now I get renewal connect with 10 only?it supposed to be 80 connects right as you said.

Can you fix it right away for me because this is something wrong here,that is the best way because it is not clear at all

And I just noticed that my membership turn from PLUS to BASIC for no reason, why???

54716498_2-1650017182929.png

above image as evidence was when I upgraded my membership to PLUS and get 75 connects only, not 80

The paid membership has a monthly payment, a fact that's really hard to miss. 

You only get the full 80 connects for a full month, not when you upgrade during the month. 

But it seems you never paid the next month?

Freelancer Plus accounts receive 80 free Connects each month?

If I know this earlier, I will never upgrade it ...

Only when you pay each month!

No maam,

This is what I did for upgrading my membership to PLUS

54716498_0-1650025513827.png

And with this membership,I am supposed to get free 80 connects every month right?

But they only give me 10 connects as a basic plan

I could not understand???

14,99/month means it costs 14,99 every month. You pay this every month. It is not a one-time payment to get 80 free connects forever.

Maybe your credit card couldn't be charged. 

Hi maam,

So which one is for one-time payment ma'am for the PLUS membership?

And how much does it cost to get 80 free connects forever? not 14.99 usd as the picture I sent above?

If you want to get 80 connects per month forever, you need to pay the monthly paid membership forever. 

THERE IS NO ONE-TIME PAYMENT FOR THE PLUS MEMBERSHIP. IT IS A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION THAT YOU PAY FOR EVERY MONTH.

If you are unclear or don't completely understand how the platform works, I strongly suggest to translate the relevant parts into your native language so that you completely understand how to use upwork properly. 

If you want to get 80 connects per month forever, you need to pay the monthly paid membership forever. 

THERE IS NO ONE-TIME PAYMENT FOR THE PLUS MEMBERSHIP. IT IS A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION THAT YOU PAY FOR EVERY MONTH.

This is very easily to cause misunderstanding, for the basic plan , it's forever and have 10 free connects every month. They put the plus membership next to it as it means the PLUS will be the same in getting forever free connects but at the higher amount and higher pay.

Even if it was translated into my native language , people will still think the same like this because it is simply unclear.

They can highlight the PLUS membership with RENEW YOUR PLUS MEMBERSHIP EVERY MONTH FOR 14.99 USD , then it will not cause misunderstanding and I will surely not pay for this but remain to use basic plan.

yofazza
Community Member

This is very easily to cause misunderstanding

That's relative. I'm not a native speaker but never once I thought it's a one time payment.

Looking at your screenshot, it's clearly state that all of the listed benefits will be available for 14.99/month. Or, if you don't pay 14.99 per month, you won't have these benefits

It's clear to me. If I find something unclear on similar matters, I'd rather look for more information first before paying.

Btw those benefits are not really worth it for 14.99 per month IMO. If you really need connects at anytime, it's probably better to just purchase them.

Nope. It is simply impossible to misinterpret 14,99/month to be a one-time payment. 

The month clearly signifies that it is PER MONTH, A MONTHLY PAYMENT, COST PER MONTH.

People don't think this is a one-time payment. You are the only one who thinks that. Why is beyond me. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members