🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Specialized Profile
Page options
navidzafar
Community Member

Specialized Profile

Hi All,

How many Specialized Profiles can a Freelancer create/have at a time?

Thanks for your input.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Uros,

Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one main profile and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. We know that you may have more than one skill to offer your prospective clients. That’s why we developed Specialized Profiles.

With a specialized profile, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories. For example, you can separate the work you've done as a mobile game developer from your work as a translator or graphic designer.

By having a Specialized profile, your profile will contain an indicator that you have other specialized profiles, and the client will have the option to switch between those versions when viewing your profile (similar to how you switch between versions when editing your profile).

You can delete your Specialized Profile from Settings > Profile Settings. Please keep in mind, that if you only have one specialized profile, you will not see the option to delete or unpublish it. But you can always edit the information for accuracy and to reflect your current experience and skills!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

213 REPLIES 213
7468c4e6
Community Member

Hello there,

I have a few questions about the specialized profile that I would appreciate if you answered. 

1. I want to have a specialized profile on different job categories, for example, one on Translating, the other on SEO. Can clients from SEO see my Customer reviews from translation profiles?

2. Can anyone who visits my profile see my all specialized profiles?

3. If I make the profiles private, can people who search for talents see find my profile?

Thank you for your reply

Hi Sara,

I understand that you have some questions about how specialized profiles work. Please check below for answers to your questions:

1.  You can create up to two specialized profiles. 

2. Your profile will contain an indicator that you have other specialized profiles, and the client will have the option to switch between those versions when viewing your profile (similar to how you switch between versions when editing your profile).

3. If you set your profile visibility to private, the only information that will be available publicly is your photo, city, and country.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b4ca91d1
Community Member

I have created a speacialized profile. I try to add a Turkish language under Skills & Expertise but I can't. When I click on See More nothing happens. Only 4 languages are selectable as seen on the screeshot in the attachment.

Hi Zeynep,

Could you please check if clicking on the "see more" button shows the language you're looking for? 

If not, please keep in mind you can add this in the Language section of your profile.

~Andrea
Upwork
d_skillionaire
Community Member

I had made two specialized profiles and was able to remove one but not able to remove the last specialized profile. I have decided to work on single type of projects and hence need no specialized profile. Is there any solution for this?

Hi Darshan,

If you only have one specialized profile, you will not see the option to delete or unpublish it. But you can always edit the information for accuracy and to reflect your current experience and skills.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, 

I would like to unpublish one of my specialized profiles. How can I do so? The only options listed are to edit or delete it.

Thanks,

Yolanda

7fc1e119
Community Member

i want to delete or change spcialized profile but there is no option on it for that plz help for that. other how to change my name i used my nick name sunny zafar

n ow i want to use id card name Araz zafar

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for your message. I see that your name change request is already under review and it will be processed within 48 hours. You can update your Specialized profile from this link

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
salomen95
Community Member

Hello, I can create only two difference version of my profile section job categpry. for example : Creative writing and Quantitative Research. I want to make more. It is problem? thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Salome,

Currently, only two Specialized Profiles can be created. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, I'll be sure to share it with our team.

~ Bojan
Upwork
meyerdanielle
Community Member

Is there a way to delete my specialized profile? I thought everything would show on both my "all work" profile and my specialized one but it does not so I don't see a point in my specialized profile. 

Thanks, 

Danielle 

Danielle M wrote:

Is there a way to delete my specialized profile? I thought everything would show on both my "all work" profile and my specialized one but it does not so I don't see a point in my specialized profile. 

Thanks, 

Danielle 

No, you cannot delete your specialized profile, as you are required by Upwork to have at least one.

kevo060
Community Member

Whe I try to edit work history on my specialized profile this is what prompts up. "Failed to retrieve the eligible work history for the specialized profile. Please, try again later" Kindly help on this

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry to learn you're having trouble editing your Specialized Profile. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sneakers007
Community Member

This should be a simple question answered in a FAQ but I have already submitted two chat tickets which tell me someone will get back to me for support. Chat tickets were posted at 8:00 AM and 12:30 PM. No one has reached out to me as of yet.

I am trying to find out how to delete the specialized profile(s) I created. I did some searching and an older note said there was a delete button but that was from 2019. There is no delete or unpublish button as far as I can see. Please let me know how to do this. Thanks.

75f7010a_0-1647024042113.png

Please see this screenshot. 

2022-03-11_13-43-47.png

2022-03-11_13-47-50.png

Hi James,

If you only have one specialized profile, you will not see the option to delete or unpublish it. But you can always edit the information for accuracy and to reflect your current experience and skills.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
irfanriazskp
Community Member

I have a Question! I have a specialized profile but whenever I click on my profile, it shows the details of General profile. Can I show Specialized profile details whenever I click on my profile? Specialized profile can only be viewed by clicking on left sidebar under the heading "View Profile" and most people ignore clicking there.

e24ea592
Community Member

How can i delet my specialized profile?

esadr
Community Member

Hi Maryam,

You can delete your Specialized Profile from Settings > Profile Settings. Please keep in mind, that if you only have one specialized profile, you will not see the option to delete or unpublish it. But you can always edit the information for accuracy and to reflect your current experience and skills!

~Andrea
Upwork
novaks
Community Member

What if i just want to keep my general profile (all work) and no other profile on my account?

In my case i want to remove the "Graphic Design" if possible.

novaks_0-1651140320507.png

Is there a way to turn-off / hide the other ones? I know the intent is good but it's hard to keep updating two profiles every now and then.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Riard,

If you only have one specialized profile, you will not see the option to delete or unpublish it. But you can always edit the information for accuracy and to reflect your current experience and skills!

~Andrea
Upwork
4c61a635
Community Member

Hi

I am a newbie on Upwork. My category is Graphic designer and I have a special profile in photo editing, Can I create different special profiles in different categories.  I have also experience in customer support, live chat, emails reply, etc.

So can I create another special profile in customer support, will it affect my other profile?

And how many special profiles i can create?

Thank you 

Hi Ali,

You can have up to two Specialized Profiles. With a specialized profile, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories. You can learn all about how it works here.

~Andrea
Upwork
4c61a635
Community Member

Thank you Andrea G

f7ce4af8
Community Member

Hi,

I modified the templates and want to change the name of each template but I can't see where to do that?

Thanks

RIch

Hi Richard,

As per the screenshot, I believe that what you are referring to is the specialty. If you wish to switch the specialty of any of the Specialized profiles you have, you can go to Settings > Profile Settings and under "Specialized profiles" you'll see three dots right next to the names, you can click on "Switch Speciality" from there to select a new one. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
aqibmunir1310
Community Member

Hello!

I am quite confused about the specialized profiles. I have looked at the instructions on how to unpublish/delete/edit them, however none of those options appear anywhere in my profile settings. I currently have two specialized profiles, and I really want to delete both of them, or at least change its main category and start over from scratch. I am unable to do any of these things. All I can do is edit the individual sections of the profile. I originally created this one when I was exploring around my profile and editing various things (I'm new to Upwork)... it's way too unforgiving to not have a way to change it. Someone help me! Thanks so much! 

Hi Aqib,

Have you tried doing these edits by clicking this icon from your Profile Settings? This should give you the option to view, edit, switch the specialty, or even delete one of the Specialized Profiles if you so choose. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

These options are not avaible at my profile

aqibmunir1310_0-1654391115696.png

Hi Aqib,

Thank you for your message. I am unable to replicate the same issue. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
sohag_km
Community Member

Hello, This is Sohag, a have a question to know.

I have specialization in Social Media Marketing, and I have been working since 2018 and in my Upwork freelancing profile it's all about Social Media Marketing, specially Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram marketing, my all clients are regarding this. But I have no academic degree in this field.

I have academic degree in Engineering field, especially in Data science and Machine Learning field, as I see there are many good projects are available right now on Upwork regarding this field, that is why I wanna start this type of projects too with my Upwork profile beside Social media marketing.

So my question is as Social Media marketing and Data Science and MAchine Learning are two different thing, so will it make any problem if I create a Data Science and Machine Learning related scecialization profile on Upwork beside Social Media Marketing?

N.B: Social Media Marketing Will be the main profile.

Hi Sohag Kumar,

Yes, you can definitely create a specialized profile for each of these skills. With a specialized profile, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience. To learn more about how Specialized Profiles can help you, please read this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
393fb9e4
Community Member

I started creating a specialized profile, not knowing that it will create another Upwork profile besides the main one (I thought it meant I should add Linkedin acc or something similar to that) Can I leave it in draft mode? I don't want to finish creating it, but obviously, I can't delete it now. It stays Drafted on my main profile page and I'm not sure if that will affect my main profile, payments etc???

Hi Marko,

With a specialized profile, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categoriesA general profile shows all the projects you have worked on in Upwork. We designed this type of profile to show all the skills you offer to your potential clients.

I have checked your account and you have no published specialized profile. You can leave it drafted and it will not affect your main profile. Feel free to check this help article to be more acquainted with how specialized profile works.

~ Arjay
Upwork
393fb9e4
Community Member

Thank you Arjay, I appreciate your help!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members