🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Spent 80 Connects still no Job!
Page options
m_sadiah
Community Member

Spent 80 Connects still no Job!

I had spent 80 connects but still got no job. Upwork connect policy is not legit. There should be a relief for freelancers. Connects refund policy terms rarely met the conditions to refund. It seems upwork has no place for newbies. Should I leave?

4 REPLIES 4
gudroe-jonathan
Community Member

Hey Sadiah. how your profile communicates and the way you send proposals matters.

I took a look at your profile and have the following copy recommendations..

1. Write what BENEFITS you provide to clients ... Do you save them time or money? Do you have a certain skill that you can point out that benefits your ideal client? 

2. Check the way you write proposals. If you notice your writing style is not getting responses then I would look up how to write proposals that sell. This will help and there's plenty of free advice on YouTube!

3. If you don't see any results after making those changes don't give up. It's slow at the beginning but once you get one job, two jobs, it goes allot faster! You just need to find the way your ideal client communicates and responds in order to move forward. 

You got this.

Hi, I want to explain my issue. I am top rated freelancer here and since I get this status I cannot find any job here. I can see that when I apply to post and there less that 5 applications on the job post there 4 invitation so if it is less that five than I should also receive at least invitation for interview. Also there is a lot of project where client hire within 5 or 10min without any invitation sent to the any freelancer? how is this possible? and last as top rated freelancer I am receiving per selected jobs form upwork and all this jobs are alread few days posted by clients and there +20 people who sent offer to this project. If it is pre selected that this should be new project and with less people applied ? am I right? I need quick repond from your side regarding this issues? Thanks Igor

Hey Igor!

How many jobs do you apply to each day?

How long has it been since your last job?

The algorithms change every now and then which will affect your showings. But I wouldn't fret too much. Apply at least 3 times a day to relevant jobs.  

humbled
Community Member

Ive had a few dry spells, the most interesting one was that I didnt have a photo on my profile for ages and Upwork sent me a message saying I had to add one. When I added one I didnt get invited to an interview for about 3 weeks.... it started worrying me but Im back on a roll again!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members