🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Suggestion: Please add communication preferen...
Page options
mikhailov
Community Member

Suggestion: Please add communication preferences section to jobs

It would be convenient to know in advance how the client is going to communicate with freelancers. It could be new section in the job description which would show that client prefers video calls / voice calls / chat / email / task tracker (or bug tracker, or any other specialized tools) / etc.

3 REPLIES 3
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Oleg,

You can only communicate with a client via the project message board, Upwork Zoom or Upwork's VOIP app, so just ask  them when they engage you via a contract on Upwork how they prefer to communicate. Many of my clients have no preference and ask me what I think is the best way to communicate.

But it would be helpful if Upwork implemented a pop-up window/sound alarm when a prospective client tries to call via Upwork Zoom. Right now this is only a silent notification in the project message board, which is useless if the freelancer is not looking at that particular board at that particular time.

Yes, these options are available before you have a contract, but once the client and freelancer signed it, their choise is not limited.

For example, most of the software development companies have task trackers where they keep documentation, plans, tasks, bugs and other resources for both their internal projects and projects outsourced to freelancers, while private persons and small resellers often rely only on the calls without documentation and established processes. So, client's preferences are valuable information that would not only save time, but would help to understand what kind of person is that client and how to adjust the bid (or even whether to bid at all).

Thank you for your feedback, Oleg, I will share it with our team.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members