🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » System Requirements for Desktop App
Page options
chefperryp
Community Member

System Requirements for Desktop App

Hey all!

I know I've seen this info, but I cant seem to find it now.

I'm buying a new laptop, specifically for my Upwork jobs, and I need to know the suggested system requirements (ROM, RAM, Etc.) to use the desktop app.

Thanks!

~Chef Perry 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Perry,

This will depend also on the type of work you're performing and the background programs you have and are using your CPU. 

A recent Intel or AMD laptop with 2 cores and about 4GB RAM would be enough for everything to run smoothly. If you're performing more complex work/tasks I would suggest investigating the optimal requirements of the programs you'll need to install on your computer.

If you're using only our desktop app and tracking time it will use less than 256MB, you can always view the performance by opening your task manager. 
I can also suggest to always check your background programs as well and how much are they taking from your CPU. This way you won't have any problems, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
michael_skaggs
Community Member

If it's anything even reomotely recent, you'll be fine. It probably takes less resources than your browser when on these forums.

Any PC with a pre-installed OS should have no issue. There are installers for Windows, OSX, and Linux (Debian-based).

Thanks for the info
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Perry,

This will depend also on the type of work you're performing and the background programs you have and are using your CPU. 

A recent Intel or AMD laptop with 2 cores and about 4GB RAM would be enough for everything to run smoothly. If you're performing more complex work/tasks I would suggest investigating the optimal requirements of the programs you'll need to install on your computer.

If you're using only our desktop app and tracking time it will use less than 256MB, you can always view the performance by opening your task manager. 
I can also suggest to always check your background programs as well and how much are they taking from your CPU. This way you won't have any problems, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members