🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » TOP RATED but not getting Work
Page options
hamza4022
Community Member

TOP RATED but not getting Work

Hello,

I am a TOP RATED freelancer with 5.0 good reviews but not winning more projects. Since I got the TOP RATED badge I am completely jobless. Not getting any projects.

I tried many different types of cover letters giving clients solutions etc. but still no response. WHY?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hamza S wrote:

Sure why not. I always try different cover letter patterns. Have a look at maybe you can point out what's wrong.

Hamza, your proposal is quite about about you, you use the word "I" way more than you say "you" (talking about the client needs) or "your project".   It just seems generic and not that much about what the client needs or is looking for. 

You can stand out by asking pertinent questions about the project or giving specific suggetions that highlight your expertise. 

In a competitive field, you have to stand out. You can't just show up. I don't think it's TR status that is pulling you down, just that it's getting way more competitive out there. You need to step up your proposal game. 

ETA: Your profile is pretty generic too. You could work on that as well. That huge list of green checkboxes? My eyes are bleeding. 🙂 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
bilaiqbal2k19
Community Member

Hey Hamza, Winning a job depends on your skills and method to bid on a job proposal. So, I would like to review your proposal and try to make it better. I hope this helps you.

Sure why not. I always try different cover letter patterns. Have a look at maybe you can point out what's wrong.

Hamza S wrote:

Hamza, your proposal is quite about about you, you use the word "I" way more than you say "you" (talking about the client needs) or "your project".   It just seems generic and not that much about what the client needs or is looking for. 

You can stand out by asking pertinent questions about the project or giving specific suggetions that highlight your expertise. 

In a competitive field, you have to stand out. You can't just show up. I don't think it's TR status that is pulling you down, just that it's getting way more competitive out there. You need to step up your proposal game. 

ETA: Your profile is pretty generic too. You could work on that as well. That huge list of green checkboxes? My eyes are bleeding. 🙂 

Amanda L wrote:

I thought I was the only one hating on emojis on profiles.

Viacheslav K wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

I thought I was the only one hating on emojis on profiles.

A few and that's fine. Too many and it's just...oh there my eyes go bleeding again. 

And they're often designers too. Eek. 

I never ever use emojis before. 2 days ago i just changed my descriptions just trying something different.

Thank you very much for point out my mistakes. Recently I just changed my profile description. I am not good at writing. Can you please help me out? Can you write it professionally for me?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members