🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Template
Page options
paul2461981
Community Member

Template

I have a client that said I did his template wrong. But it's not wrong. I have explained it to the client. I even put it over the top of the template he sent to show him it is the right size. 

If it was wrong, I would hold my hands up and fix it. How do I fix it when it's not wrong. It's not the client's fault because templates can be hard to understand, but what do I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Paul:

Is this a fixed-price or hourly contract?

If this is an hourly contract, then every minute you spend discussing the template with the client means that you earn more money.

If this is a fixed-price contract, don’t waste your time.

The client needs to pay you for your work, regardless of his opinion of it.

He may choose to not hire you again in the future. But he can’t legitimately choose to not pay you, regardless of what he claims to think about the work.

He has no button he can click to unilaterally get his money back. He needs to release the money to you. If he doesn’t, then you need to file a dispute.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068528-Dispute-Non-Release-of-a-Milestone-Payment

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Paul:

I can assure you:

Upwork is not going to look at your template and tell you if you did it correctly or not.

Upwork is not going to take a look at your work and decide if the client is right or if the freelancer is right.

What you need to understand is that when it comes to payment:

IT DOES NOT IT MATTER.

The client needs to pay you the same either way.

Tell the client:

”Francine:

I want to help you as much as possible with this project. It will do you no good if I don’t tell you the truth about this template. It is correct. There is nothing I can do to change it because that would only cause problems for you.

Now that you have received that information, you will need to decide if you want to continue working with me or not.”

prestonhunter
Community Member

Paul:

Is this a fixed-price or hourly contract?

If this is an hourly contract, then every minute you spend discussing the template with the client means that you earn more money.

If this is a fixed-price contract, don’t waste your time.

The client needs to pay you for your work, regardless of his opinion of it.

He may choose to not hire you again in the future. But he can’t legitimately choose to not pay you, regardless of what he claims to think about the work.

He has no button he can click to unilaterally get his money back. He needs to release the money to you. If he doesn’t, then you need to file a dispute.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068528-Dispute-Non-Release-of-a-Milestone-Payment

Thank you, Preston.

I like to leave the client happy with the work they have got from me. I have sent the client a message five days ago, but he is not talking now.

I am the freelancer. I already told the client that the template is correct.

It is fine if the client has not said anything for five days ago.

When I finished the template, I clicked the “Submit work for payment” button.

That was eight days ago.

Now I just need to wait six more days and Upwork will automatically release payment to me.

I want the client to be happy. But I also want to get paid.

After I get paid, I will close the contract.

After that, if the client comes back from his vacation and wants my help, and if he has figured out that I actually know what I am doing and the template is correct, I will be happy to help him.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members