🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Testimonials
Page options
hamagust
Community Member

Testimonials

Hi, I am new to UpWork, and honoured and happy to be part of this community.

I have worked as a freelancer for a while on other platforms, and this says much about my actual profile and skills... But my profile cannot highlight such experience, because, of course, I am new at Upwork...  So I believe being able to somehow include the feedback (reviews) from the clients from other platforms would be perfect to qualify my profile... I would like to ask which is the best and acceptable way to do so...  

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Tomoe,

We appreciate you reaching out and welcome to Upwork! We know how important it is for you, as a freelancer, to put your best foot forward with potential clients. That’s why we support testimonials, a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients! When you’ve done a great job, this is a quick, simple way to showcase it, right on your Upwork profile. Please follow these instructions on how to request a testimonial:

1. Go to Settings, then My Profile.
  2. Scroll down to the “Testimonials” section.
  3. Click on “Request a testimonial.”
  4. Enter your client’s contact information, including a link to their LinkedIn account. 

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

348 REPLIES 348

Hi Norbert Julius Kri,

I understand your testimonial is still pending. Allow me to shed some light on this. It takes at least 10 days for a testimonial to be reviewed by the team but once successfully reviewed this should become visible on your profile. You can read more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork
njklim
Community Member

Hi Annie,

I appreciate your response. The page you provided does not indicate that it would take at least 10 days. It would be helpful if that information is available on the page.

Thank you

1c7eec7f
Community Member

I am trying to add a testimonial for work I have previously completed which directly relates to me and have navigated to my client's LinkedIn profile to check the URL. When I add that URL to the Testimonials Page, it keeps saying it is 'invalid'. I have tried other LinkedIn profiles and it continually gives the same message. It means I am unable to send my past client a request for a testimonial.

I should add that the testimonial I am seeking is for work done prior to me joining Upwork. 

Hi Pauline,

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to investigate further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better
~ Joanne
Upwork
4bdf103a
Community Member

Hello,

I made a mistake when sending a testimonial. Is it possible to edit/delete it?

Thanks

Hi Gulshan,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Unfortunately, at this time you cannot edit a testimonial from your end. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
havokdownes
Community Member

I recently sent a testimonial request to a client i finished project with outside of upwork last month. Was hoping to have this as one of my first testimonials.  However, when my client goes to use the testimonial it somehow malfunctions and takes him to the upwork main page without letting him input any information. 

Im just curious who i can get a hold of or talk to about deleting the testimonial request so i can send it again or to some how resolve this issue. 

Thanks for anyhelp that can be provided. 

try contacting upwork support if it doesnt work then  try sending your client a new testimonial request using a different email address. This may help

Hi Havok,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
5b285bc6
Community Member

Like I have seen videos and forums but there is nothing related to it.
First of all from where I can request upwork if anything goes wrong Im attaching a screenshot where I my page is not showing fields where I can upload the issue which I am facing and second of all I've submitted a testimonial request and its been 3 days my request for testimonial is still under review. I confirmed from my last employer he said I submitted the testimonial right after the invitation.
Can you pease resolve this both issues and guide me about it.
Thank you!

Hi AbdullahBin,

If you're ever in need of assistance, you can use the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation.

Regarding the Testimonial request you mentioned, note that these can take up to 10 days to be reviewed once your client submits it.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b12217b7
Community Member

Hi there 
I sent a request for a testimonial from Upwork to my client. My client has confirmed he has received the request in his email and has tried to submit the testimonial twice but it's still showing up as "
 Your testimonial request is awaiting client's response".

The other 4 requests have been pending for some time now

Please help!

Thanks in advance, it's much appreciated

Hi Kwabena,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. I can confirm that your testimonial requests were sent to the client and the team handling the review is now waiting for the client's response. Please know that it can take up to 10 business days for the testimonials to be reviewed and become visible on your profile. We'll surely let you know when we hear back.

~ Arjay
Upwork
nik_88
Community Member

Hi...

Why I can't see my testimonial? I wrote a request 5 days ago and the client responded the next day. I still do not see it.

Thank you...

Hi Nikola,

The testimonial will be reviewed within 10 days from the date the CL submits their testimonial.

- Pradeep

Upwork
nik_88
Community Member

Ok. Thank you.

53d70ce2
Community Member

Hi there. I have sent several letters to clients requesting a testimonial, and know for a fact that some have submitted testimonials, however my entire request list shows "pending".  Is there some sort of delay with this process?

Kind regards, Toby Shenker

Hi Toby,

Once your client has already submitted their response to the request, the testimonial will then be evaluated. Our review team typically completes evaluations within 3 to 5 days after the client replies to the testimonial. However, due to a backlog, it may take a little longer than usual for testimonials to be posted.

We appreciate your patience while waiting for the testimonial to be reviewed. Once completed, your profile will be updated accordingly.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for your prompt reply,

Kind regards,

Toby Shenker
f231a7fe
Community Member

Testimonials are a dynamic and essential component of a comprehensive marketing strategy. Testimonials are a potent tool in the world of business and marketing, serving as authentic voices that vouch for the quality and credibility of services, or experiences.

In Upwork, 

Will I get testimonials only from the clients of Upwork or any other clients of outside work?

aureapixels
Community Member

Hello! I want to know if someone on UpWork can check my Testimonial request, because the cliente already sent it 6 days ago, and I am waiting for it to be approved and in my profile to apply from new clients, so please I need that be checked and if not have issues approved.

(and please let me know if this is the correct location for send this type of request, I don't find easily any UpWork email to contact)

Best regards.

Vanderlei.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vanderlei,

Apologies for the delay in responding to this post. I checked your testimonial request and I can confirm that the same is already visible on your Upwork profile now. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
f69362d0
Community Member

Hi! I have requested my past client for a testimonial tomorrow. I worked for him before joining Upwork. The client submitted a testimonial but the testimonial is not showing in my profile. Please resolve the issue. Thank you.

Hi Muhammad,

Once your client has already submitted their response to the request, the testimonial will then be evaluated. Our review team typically completes evaluations within 3 to 5 days after the client replies to the testimonial. However, due to a backlog, it may take a little longer than usual for testimonials to be posted.

We appreciate your patience while waiting for the testimonial to be reviewed. Once completed, your profile will be updated accordingly.

~ AJ
Upwork
abdullahbutt7940
Community Member

Hi,
I recently asked my client to share a testimonial for my profile. I filled in his information and he got the email, he followed the instructions and successfully submitted a testimonial but it's not appearing on my profile and it has been more than 3 days he submitted a testimonial. Kindly show it over my profile or let me know if the issue exists.

thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Please know that Testimonials are reviewed within 10 days. If it still doesn't appear on your profile after that time, please let us know, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b4f7f278
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find out, whether when I receive a testimonial from my client, the testimonial will be visible on the client's LinkedIn account. Can you help me confirm this? The testimonial must be visible only on Upwork.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Nikolay,

The approved client's Testimonial would appear only on your Upwork profile, not their LinkedIn account. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b4f7f278
Community Member

Great! Thank you for confirming Luiggi. And also means that nothing will shown on their Linkedin profile as well correct?

katieugland
Community Member

Hello! 

I am wanting a client that I didn't have on upwork to leave a review. I know I can request that but I have to put their LinkedIn profile. The client I helped is someone who just opened up a film school and I was doing some online work for them. The problem is that the school itself doesn't have a LinkedIn profile. Can I use his personal LinkedIn for him to be able to leave me a review? 

ridho_sd
Community Member

Hello.. I have sent some the testimonial link to my clients. But 2 of my clients didn't received the link even though the email addres was valid. When i'm trying to resend the link testimonial, it say already sent tho that email addres. So, what happen with this? Please help.

Thank You!

Hi Ridho,

Could you please ask your clients to check their spam folder? Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ridho_sd
Community Member

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 13.03.20.png

This is my client response, he already check on spam and didn't found anything.

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 13.08.51.png

And this is with different client.

Hi Ridho,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
mdbutnayem
Community Member

I attempted to gather testimonials from a client, completing all necessary fields, but encountered difficulties in getting my application approved.

4f82d1ab
Community Member

Hey guys,

Last year a Client found me on Upwork and we did some projects together (but outside of the Platform). Now I just submitted a request for their Testimonial (and they already followed Upwork's instructions on how to give testimonials), but the status is pending.

QUESTION: When can I expect to get the Testimonial approved?

Thanks guys.

Hi Hai,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you submitted the testimonial request yesterday. In general, if the status changed from "awaiting response" to "pending," it means that the client already provided their response and it is now queued to be evaluated by our team.

Our review team typically completes evaluations within 3 to 5 days after the client replies to the testimonial. However, our review team has been receiving an overwhelming number of requests lately, which has resulted in a backlog. This means that it may take a little longer than usual for testimonials to be posted. Kindly allow our team more time to complete the evaluation process.

~ AJ
Upwork
khatri_n
Community Member

Hi, I sent a Testimonial request to a client outside Upwork. The client received the email, clicked the button and was taken to the page to write and submit the testimonial. However, the client was unable to type into the textbox (the textbox was visible on the screen, it didn't work even after refreshing the page). Has anyone else experienced the same issue. Is there a problem with that webpage/feature?

Hi Neehal,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble faced by the client while writing a testimonial for you. Could you please request the client to try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on their browser? They can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members