🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Testimonials
Page options
hamagust
Community Member

Testimonials

Hi, I am new to UpWork, and honoured and happy to be part of this community.

I have worked as a freelancer for a while on other platforms, and this says much about my actual profile and skills... But my profile cannot highlight such experience, because, of course, I am new at Upwork...  So I believe being able to somehow include the feedback (reviews) from the clients from other platforms would be perfect to qualify my profile... I would like to ask which is the best and acceptable way to do so...  

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Tomoe,

We appreciate you reaching out and welcome to Upwork! We know how important it is for you, as a freelancer, to put your best foot forward with potential clients. That’s why we support testimonials, a way to highlight the awesome work you’ve done outside of Upwork with testimonials straight from your clients! When you’ve done a great job, this is a quick, simple way to showcase it, right on your Upwork profile. Please follow these instructions on how to request a testimonial:

1. Go to Settings, then My Profile.
  2. Scroll down to the “Testimonials” section.
  3. Click on “Request a testimonial.”
  4. Enter your client’s contact information, including a link to their LinkedIn account. 

Once you’ve completed your part, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. We wish you the best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

341 REPLIES 341
soniqueb
Community Member

Hello dear support!

How can I remove this message from my profile? I don't care about this testimonial anymore, since it's been 4 years now since I've sent the request 😄

Thank you

Hi Sofiia,

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
zainmanna
Community Member

One week ago, I requested a testimonial from one of my clients that I worked with him outside upwork, he got the email and wrote his feedback, but still I can't see it. I can only see that it is still 'pending'. Is there a problem? What should I do?

the feedback shows up on the profile after 14 days but still if it does not appear after two weeks then your client must have put some wrong information that doesn't match with the information you provided for example his name or company name.

Make sure the client actually submitted.

khushbu_gohil
Community Member

Hii There!

Testimonial can increse jss? 

Thanks!

Upwork says testimonials have no impact on JSS.

It seems a testimonial could affect JSS since Upwork requires testimonials be provided through a LinkedIn profile, and it takes a bit of time for their reviewers to process and validate testimonial requests. However, freelancers can easily manipulate testimonials, so I can see why they have no impact on JSS.

Will see 🤔jss

No, testimonials don't have impact on JSS. What they do is to help other clients to have a personal prespective of your work. As you know they are only posted if the freelancer asks the previous client to send one, and the freelancer can block the testimonial if he wants.

codes4u
Community Member

Hi,

I want to request for the testimonial but it requires client linkedin profile link and their business email address. But I dont know either of them. What should I do in this case?

b49b9fea
Community Member

Hello Mijula,

If you've worked with previous clients on LinkedIn, you can send them a request to provide feedback for that work on Upwork.

If you don't have the client's LinkedIn profile link or their business email address, you can try reaching out to them through any other means you have available, such as their personal email (if you have it), through a messaging platform where you previously communicated with them, or even through a direct message on a social media platform if you're connected there. Politely explain your request for a testimonial and ask if they would be willing to provide it, emphasizing the positive impact their feedback could have on your professional profile. If none of these options are feasible, you may need to consider other strategies for obtaining testimonials or building your credibility on Upwork.

43adf49d
Community Member

Hello Mijula, you will have to politely request for the email and the LinkedIn profile url from your client and also notify them it's for review on Upwork. Tell them that this is very important for you and will go a long way for you on your career. Hope this was helpful. Thanks.

ceciliarydberg
Community Member

Are testimonials or reviews (fake) for a product allowed? 

I am looking at these from a UGC point of view, if someone is asking me to talk about for example a weight loss supplement...wow this supplement made me lose 10kg..is that even allowed?

Thanks!

Cecilia

b3a569df
Community Member

I have sent out testomonial requests last month

How long does it take for a testimonial to show up on my profile?

How will I know if the testimonial is approved?

Hi Esther Johanna,

We sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner about your Testimonials concern. We've forwarded your post directly to the team handling the review. One of the team members has reached out via email with more information and instructions on completing the review. You may access the support ticket linked to your case on this page and your email for more details. 

Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team; they'll surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fc1f107e
Community Member

Hello, 

I am trying to send out a testimonial request and the button to request the testimonal is greyed out.  Any idea why it is not available? And how do I resolve this issue? 

Thanks!!!

Click the above Support link for assistance.

b53901f5
Community Member

why is the  rason por Upwork   does not  approve the testimonials from people who , althoght  they are not on the platafform, have their Linkedn URL and their insitutional email easily  verified???? 

Hi Claudia,

Thank you for your message. I checked the Testimonial request you are referring to and it appears that we are still awaiting a response from your client. Please reach out to your client and remind them about the request initiated by you.

- Pradeep

Upwork
d0f0c061
Community Member

Hello Expert,

I submitted a testimonial request to an outside client of Upwork but no response yet. So I want to know How much time is needed to approve the testimonial.

Thanks,

Sabuj Baidhya.

The time it takes for a testimonial request to be approved by an outside client of Upwork can vary depending on several factors. Typically, Upwork allows clients up to 14 days to review and approve or decline a testimonial request. However, clients may respond sooner or later depending on their availability and priorities.

If it's been more than 14 days since you submitted the testimonial request and you haven't received a response, you may want to consider sending a polite follow-up message to the client. In your follow-up message, kindly remind them about the testimonial request and express your appreciation for their time and consideration.

If you still don't receive a response after following up, you can reach out to Upwork support for assistance. They may be able to provide guidance or escalate the issue if necessary.

Overall, patience is key when waiting for testimonial approvals, as clients may have busy schedules or may not prioritize testimonial requests. However, following up politely and seeking assistance when needed can help expedite the process.

Hello Milan,
Thanks for your response.
I have contacted my dear past client and he told me I didn't get an email from Upwork for your testimonial verification.
So, what do I do now?
Thanks again
Sabuj Baidhya.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members