🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The beneficiary name is mismatched --> Your p...
Page options
6640b02e
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched --> Your payment method has been deactivated

Hello 

I have just get this notification  --> " Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."  Even though I used my current payment method to get transfer my payment multiple times before; in addition to that I used the same first name and last name as on my Upwork profile . After checking  the only difference that I found is that I used UPPERCASE --> YOUNESS and on my Upwork profile  I used LOWERCASE--> Youness.  This is the first time I get this message and I do no have any idea why this happen ? 
Thank you for your help 
16 REPLIES 16
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Youness,

Our team will update your payment method shortly and you will be able to use it again. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran appreciate it 

PayPal

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Can you please help me?

Hi Milos,

Please allow 72 hours for the review of your new payment method to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
g2cpartners
Community Member

Hello, 

I am getting this message - 

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

My last name is abbreviated in my name Manish K. it should be Manish Keemtee. That is the reason it is no matching. Can you pls help me update this ASAP ? 

Thanks

-Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
35c7084b
Community Member

Hi i am a freelancer i have created an account in the name of Vivek Rawat but my proprietorship legal name is kalyugdigital based out of India, have all valid documents with me but getting a message that Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary named on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account can you please help me out where I have to submit my documents to solve this issue or please guide me for the same.

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
35c7084b
Community Member

Hi As i have summited all documents but by invoice is coming in the name of vivek Rawat it has to come on the trade name that is Kalyugdigital when I have spoken to my legal advisor and CA as per Indian indian gst rules have to submit invoices to the GST department on the Business (trade name) That is Kalyugdigital please help 

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that there's already a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets hereIf you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread so our support team can assist you efficiently.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie those tickets were closed and I can't reply to that, this is a concern raised by my legal consultant  can you raise a new ticket as i have summited all documents but by invoice is coming in the name of vivek Rawat it has to come on the trade name that is Kalyugdigital when I have spoken to my legal advisor and CA as per Indian Indian GST rules have to submit invoices to the GST department on the Business (trade name) That is Kalyugdigital please help 

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for following up. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks Annie

8a2cb0c2
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to withdraw money I have earned and am receiving this error:

I looked at the FAQ and it says that name variations are usually resolved, and if there really is an issue, upwork will reach out to me:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063768-Bank-Account-Under-Different-Name

However, it is not resolved and I have not received any communication from Upwork. How can I get this fixed?

Thank you,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been approved. Your payment method is now active and you can go ahead and try to withdraw your funds.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8a2cb0c2
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I have confirmed it's resolved.

I really appreciate your help!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members