🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: The client ordered the project, agreed wi...
Page options
imaiqbal
Community Member

The client ordered the project, agreed with the time frame and canceled it demanding a refund

Hello moderators!

One of my clients has ordered and funded an Upwork project without having any primary conversation with me. 

Within 4 hours of placing her order, I have informed her that my work calendar is fully occupied till the 28th of September, 2021. I've also mentioned that, if she is agreed with the time frame, she can reset the contract starting date to 29th of September, 2021. I've also requested her to cancel the order within 24 hours if she is not agreed with the time frame.

She has requested me to allow her some time to take the final decision. She was confused if she want to wait and go with my timeframe or if she want to move on and hire another one for her task.

After 23 hours of ordering the project, the client ensured me that she don't want to cancel the order and she would like to wait.

By this time, I've requested her to reset the deadline and her response was that she is not finding the option. 

Now after 64 hours, she has cancelled the order without any conversation and requested a refund. Her saying was, she did it as she was unable to find out the delivery date reset option and she was scared if I get penalized for not meeting the previous deadline.

She seems to be a nice person and it was her first project order. So, she was confused about many things. And, I would like to refund her as well.

Now my questions are:
 - How this order cancellation after 64 hours may have an impact on my JSS or other reputation?

- How a full refunding may have an impact on my reputation?

Please guide me with that.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Ima,

I can see that you've refunded the client successfully. In general, clients can leave feedback on contracts started through Project Catalog just like any other contract. In this case, if the client leaves poor private feedback, it will have a negative impact on your JSS. If no feedback is provided or the client leaves positive feedback on a contract where nothing was paid, it won't have an impact on your score.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LuiggiR

Hi Ima,

I can see that you've refunded the client successfully. In general, clients can leave feedback on contracts started through Project Catalog just like any other contract. In this case, if the client leaves poor private feedback, it will have a negative impact on your JSS. If no feedback is provided or the client leaves positive feedback on a contract where nothing was paid, it won't have an impact on your score.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

Luiggi R wrote:

Hi Ima,

Luiggi, we've previously been told that Projects cancelled in the first 24 hours will have no impact on Jss. Is this still true? 

Hi Amanda,

Yes, that's still true, sorry I omitted that in my original reply. You can cancel a contract within 24 hours of the client submitting requirements without any penalty or impact on your JSS.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Amanda,

I knew the same!

imaiqbal
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Many thanks for your reply. Yes, the client has informed me that she has marked me with a full 10.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members