🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The customer does not pay money for the work ...
Page options
oleh_sazansky
Community Member

The customer does not pay money for the work for a long time

I'm a video freelancer. We entered into a contract on October 3, 2023. I completed the video on October 12, 2023, and the client initially expressed satisfaction, mentioning they would show it to their boss. However, on November 2, 2023, the client informed me that they didn't like the video. From October 14 to October 26, I tried reaching out to the client, but received no response. Only on November 2, 2023, did the client reply, saying, "I can pay you for the project as you spent time working on it, let me know how to proceed."

I assessed my work at $190, although the contract was initially for $325. On November 3, 2023, the client updated our contract to $190. I continued to communicate with the client, and on December 5, they responded, asking for steps to pay the agreed settlement amount. I provided instructions, emphasizing the correct amount of $190, not $325.

As of today, January 3, the client is unresponsive. How can I secure payment for my work?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Sazansky,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with this client and how you feel about it. We apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment you may have faced. We value your work and we strive to create a positive and respectful environment for freelancers and clients to collaborate.

I have looked into the job in question and I can see that the client has already responded to your work submission and approved the milestone payments. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members