🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time logged under wrong contract
Page options
k_schuett
Community Member

Time logged under wrong contract

I accidentally logged my work time under the wrong contract. Can I move it to the right contract, or do I have to request manual time instead?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

I think that has happened to most of us at one time or another.

You can't move the time.

But you can take screenshots of the time segments in your work diary, in case you need to show those to your client.

And then you can delete the time from the wrong contract.

And you can add manual time to the correct contract.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

I think that has happened to most of us at one time or another.

You can't move the time.

But you can take screenshots of the time segments in your work diary, in case you need to show those to your client.

And then you can delete the time from the wrong contract.

And you can add manual time to the correct contract.

Thank you, the manual time request worked fine for my client. Phew!

Follow-up question: My client successfully enabled manual time on our contract, but I still don't see the time in my weekly work diary. I'm guessing that approving the specific work time is an additional step after changing the overall setting of allowing manual time in general. Where can I find my manual time request, and how does my client approve it?

re: "My client successfully enabled manual time on our contract, but I still don't see the time in my weekly work diary."

That is correct.

You should NOT see any time in your weekly work diary as a result of your client enabling manual time.

re: "I'm guessing that approving the specific work time is an additional step after changing the overall setting of allowing manual time in general."

No, that's not correct.

There IS NO SUCH THING as approving work diary time. Not for automatically-logged time that was logged by the time-tracker. And not for manually-logged time.

re: "Where can I find my manual time request, and how does my client approve it?"

Clients do not approve manually-logged time, or any other time.

This is what you misunderstood:

Clients approve your ABILITY to log manual time.

Clients do not approve your hours.

So what YOU need to do is ADD YOUR MANUAL TIME to your work diary.

Then you will be paid AUTOMATICALLY for that time. The client will not do ANYTHING.

(And before you add manual time to the correct contract, be sure to DELETE the time segments you mistakenly logged to the wrong contract.)

Got it, thanks. That worked.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members