🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time tracker is not calculating time correctl...
Page options
64fefb3a
Community Member

Time tracker is not calculating time correctly.

Hi there,

Today, 5 minutes after turning on the time tracker, I saw that the time tracker counted 20 minutes. I deleted this 20 minutes from Work diary, wouldn’t that cause my account to be suspended?

Thanks in advance

-Jahongir

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Jahongir,

To confirm, the Team App is working as expected, because it's designed to track billable time in 10-minute segments. This is the fairest way possible for both clients and freelancers to account for the time spent each hour. If onset of you tracking your time, you see that the tracker shows more than the actual hours logged, it is because you have excess minutes that weren't tracked the last time you had your tracker on (within the billing week).

Please check this video and two Community discussions (here and here) to learn how Upwork Team App measures activity and tracks time.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Jahongir,

To confirm, the Team App is working as expected, because it's designed to track billable time in 10-minute segments. This is the fairest way possible for both clients and freelancers to account for the time spent each hour. If onset of you tracking your time, you see that the tracker shows more than the actual hours logged, it is because you have excess minutes that weren't tracked the last time you had your tracker on (within the billing week).

Please check this video and two Community discussions (here and here) to learn how Upwork Team App measures activity and tracks time.

~ AJ
Upwork
64fefb3a
Community Member

Hi there, 

Today I started timetracker and worked for 5minutes, timetracker counted 20minutes by unknown error or something else?

I deleted it from my work diary, and again started time tracker, now after 4minutes, timetracker counted 10minutes?

Does it cause account suspension?

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members