🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » To whom does the time tracker take the photo?
Page options
8616c653
Community Member

To whom does the time tracker take the photo?

Whom does the time tracker take the photo of? The desktop where the Upwork application is open? Or to me?

7 REPLIES 7
khan_ameen
Community Member

Hi Elena,

When a freelancer activates the time tracker, the client will be able to see the following:

- Randomly captured screenshots of the freelancer's screen, taken approximately six times per hour.
- A count of keystrokes, mouse clicks, and scrolling actions.

The app does not record specific clicks or keystrokes, the applications used, or any webcam footage.

Hope that answers the question.

Because In my note activity I can see not also the screenshot but also a photo of myself. Creepy, and irritating 😠

Could you please share the screenshot if possible?

Hi Elena, 

This feature is optional and disabled by default. If you choose to enable the camera, snapshots (not video) will be uploaded six times an hour. You can delete the camera snapshots from your Work Diary without changing the time segment’s activity.

If you want to turn off camera snapshots you can do so by going to Desktop App > Settings > Camera and then unchecking the Take Camera Shots with screenshots while tracking option. 

You can find more information here. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
8616c653
Community Member

Yes, it was what I did. But don't take track of my time worked

Elena, do you mean that if you turn off the "Take Camera Shots" option on the Desktop App, it doesn't track your time? The app should still track it even if you turn it off; the screen captures of your desktop activity will remain on by default. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8616c653
Community Member

I'll let you know tomorrow, the last two days it doesn't work. The camera shot tracked the time. The camera shot unclicked No track of the time 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members