🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated Benefits
Page options
mehran44
Community Member

Top Rated Benefits

Dear Community Members,

I'm a TOP Rated Badge holder with 100% JSS. My question is, some jobs have 50+ proposals even if the job is posted few minutes ago, is it worth applying to such job when you have top rated badge or score i mean does TOP Rated freelances show more often than other newbies or rising talent? Need to know if we can still apply even if a job has 50+ proposal, does our proposal stand out of all to the client?

Thank you

Best,

Mehran  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Will L wrote:

Mehran,

Less than 10% of all freelancers - presumably all "active" freelancers - are Top Rated.

If you think a project is a perfect match for your skills, the client will also see that you are Top Rated and might give you more consideration due to your history of success on Upwork.

Generally, I don't apply to proposals where more than 20 proposals are already in place, but that works for me in my area of specialty. I have no evidence that my Top Rated status increases the likelihood of each of my proposals being accepted, but it may be true. 

So, even if we are TOP Rated, our proposal won't get on top of others freelancers like newbies and rising talent?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Mehran,

Less than 10% of all freelancers - presumably all "active" freelancers - are Top Rated.

If you think a project is a perfect match for your skills, the client will also see that you are Top Rated and might give you more consideration due to your history of success on Upwork.

Generally, I don't apply to proposals where more than 20 proposals are already in place, but that works for me in my area of specialty. I have no evidence that my Top Rated status increases the likelihood of each of my proposals being accepted, but it may be true. 

Will L wrote:

Mehran,

So, even if we are TOP Rated, our proposal won't get on top of others freelancers like newbies and rising talent?

I have never seen any indication Upwork's ranking algorithm automatically put Top Rated freelancers at the top of the list of submitted proposals.

No one who posts on this board knows exactly how that algorithm works, but I'd expect it focuses on matching freelancer skills and experience with client needs and requirements, so a Top Rated freelancer with a JSS of 100 specializing in, say, translation work would be unlikely to be ranked near the top for a project that required, say, automotive design skills.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members