🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top-Rated Eligible weeks not increasing
Page options
jaycee_digitals
Community Member

Top-Rated Eligible weeks not increasing

Hello, there.

Yes, I'd like to know why my weeks for qualification for top-rated status haven't been increasing, despite meeting the qualifications

Yes, I was on my 15th week of the 16 weeks to qualify for the top-rated badge :japanese_symbol_for_beginner: on Upwork before I miss out on the qualification. The qualification weeks have been dropping back for the weeks I wasn't qualified till it got to the 6th week of the qualification weeks. 

After working on some jobs and getting nice ratings, I got back to 93% JSS and since then I've been maintaining the 93%.

It's now over 7 weeks having over 90% JSS and meeting all of the criteria but the weeks seem not to be increasing.🤔

Please, I'd like to know why this is happening.

Thanks in anticipation for your kind response.

Regards,

Joy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Joy,

To earn Top Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

This means that, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

498 REPLIES 498
localist
Community Member

Its been more than 3 weeks now that my account's weeks eligible stopped moving at 12 of 16. It's not increasing and its not reducing. I met all the requirements for top rated batch. Please someone should enlighten me whats wrong and how to move forward from this. Thank you 

e02c960a
Community Member

Hello, 

The criteria of top rated is that you have must have a JSS of more than 90% in the last 16 weeks. However, I have a JSS of 100% of last couple of months. The eligible weeks were increasing regularly, but froze at week 12. The JSS has not changed, its still 100%, but the counting of weeks have been stopped. It happened after the upwork has upgraded some of its features. 

A freelancer's effort should be appreciated and this kind of bugs must be removed from the platform.  

Please get this fixed as soon as possible. 

Thanks and Best Regards, 

Hashir Khawaja

495d2896
Community Member

Subject: Request for Assistance with Eligibility Week Not Increase on Upwork

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Abhaykumar F, and I am writing to seek assistance regarding an issue I have been experiencing with my Upwork freelancer account.

I have been actively working as a UI/UX designer on the Upwork platform for the past 15 Months, and I have always strived to maintain a high level of professionalism and quality in my work. However, I have recently encountered an issue with my eligibility week not increasing for the past 12 weeks. Despite my consistent efforts and successful completion of projects, my eligibility week has remained stuck at 10.

This issue is concerning to me as it affects my ability to access certain features and opportunities on the platform. As a dedicated freelancer, I rely on Upwork to connect with clients, showcase my skills, and grow my business. The inability to increase my eligibility week has become a significant hindrance to my progress and success on the platform.

I have explored various resources and attempted troubleshooting steps on my own, but unfortunately, I have been unable to resolve this issue independently. Therefore, I am reaching out to seek your assistance in addressing this matter and finding a solution.

I kindly request that you investigate the issue with my eligibility week and provide guidance on how it can be resolved. Any insights or recommendations you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I am eager to continue my journey as a freelancer on Upwork and appreciate your support in resolving this issue promptly.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Abhaykumar F.
Abhaykumar Faldu
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abhaykumar,

I understand your concern regarding the Eligibility Week counts not increasing on your Upwork profile. The Eligibility Week count is part of a rolling window that looks at the last 16 weeks of activity. If you have accumulated non-eligible weeks in the past, they need to fall out of this 16-week window before your count can increase. It's possible that eligible weeks are being added at the same rate as non-eligible weeks are falling off, which would result in the count appearing to be stuck. We recommend reviewing the criteria for eligible weeks and ensuring that all qualifications are met consistently. You can refer to this help page for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

My JSS is already 90% up by the past 10-12 weeks even so my weeks have not increased.

khushbu_gohil
Community Member

And this week my eligible we decrease 2 time in same day ...might possible they have bug 

before its 8 same days it 7 and then 6..how?? Couldn't get it!

Hi Khushbu,

I looked at your eligible weeks count and can confirm it's accurately showing at 6 out of 16. Your eligible weeks were 7 up until last week, and since your JSS is under 90% this week, that'll count as a non-eligible week.

Remember that to increase your Top Rated Eligible Weeks, you must meet the JSS above 90% or Rising Talent criteria for at least 13 out of 16 consecutive weeks. If you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation, you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e02c960a
Community Member

Hey, 

My top rated eligible weeks were increasing normally but suddenly it got stuck at week 12. My JSS was same 100% when it was increasing and its still the same. Its been more than 6 weeks now that I am stuck at 12 and im not getting the Top-rated Badge. 

Is it normal that upwork does this to limit the top-rated freelancers? With their new policies regarding connects and job posting, and with this unjustice, I don't get upwork anymore. 

Hi Hashir,

We understand your concern regarding the Eligibility Week counts not increasing on your Upwork profile. Please be aware that the Eligibility Week count is part of a rolling window that looks at the last 16 weeks of activity. If you have accumulated non-eligible weeks in the past, they need to fall out of this 16-week window before your count can increase. It's possible that eligible weeks are being added at the same rate as non-eligible weeks are falling off, which would result in the count appearing to be stuck.

We recommend reviewing the criteria for eligible weeks and ensuring that all qualifications are met consistently. You can refer to this help page for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
1babea8c
Community Member

So does it not bother anyone else how we can't see a history of our Job Success Score. Wouldn't it be a nice feature to just have a calendar that way you know exactly when you can get a badge. Also, I have manually kept count and have brought this up to the upwork support team a couple times and got the same response, what do you do when you believe there is an error on the JSS. My score has been stuck at 12 of 16 for the past 5 weeks. I have had a 94% for the past 6 weeks I am not sure what is happening and upwork support team keeps responding with the same response, " I checked your account and I see that your top-rated eligible weeks are currently at 12 out of 16. Please know that you getting closer to the required number of weeks. It won't be long before you reach the required number of 13 out of 16 eligible weeks if you maintain your at least a 90% Job Success Score. 

To become top-rated, you need to maintain a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. 
P.S (I have had an above 90% score for the last 5 weeks when it was at 12 of 16. 5 weeks ago and now it is still stuck at 12 of 16 so..) Anyone else got some fun JSS stories? 

JSS is updated every two weeks based upon the highest score during the past 6, 12, and 24 months.

Thanks William. I guess we just wait. 

I talked with customer support they have issue in jss...we have to wait till it fix 😌

my eligible week change twice on same day 😅 so mostly it's bug

My eligible week was counting weekly until it reaches 12 of 16 and then it got stucked. Its more than 5 weeks now. I hope they rectify this issue soon. 

That is exactly where I have been stuck as well haha 

khushbu_gohil
Community Member

Hii Everyone!

On 14th April my jss updated and eligible week change 8 to 7 and then 6 on same day Sunday...how this possible? I only have screenshot of 17 March at that time 11 out of 16 week is there anyone can count from 17 March it should be 7 on 14th March but I never seen 7 eligible week on my state section!

It's looks but to me because in morning I seen 8 week and in evening it's become 7 and after 2 hour around it again change 6 🙄 skipping 1 week is something major for me!

I contacted support they always have scripted answer like you score is not 90% above so you are not eligible etc etc...but thing is here for counts of week, Upwork said they take 2 week to change jss and at other end they count and update jss and eligible week every week.

And as usual support say they are giving me highest jss score through out my window....If they are giving me highest then why not 100 or 98% which is from sept to feb ? But silence on that part they share formula, and factors as usual.

I really love to work on Upwork but there are technical issue which have to note why fluctuations or glitch is there we freelancers are not saying to increase jss but error need to solve and they have to improve for better performance of platform...some are facing same but never speak or didn't even observe 

I would like to hear your thought...what I have to do in this situation? On this week it will be again change my week and I am more run behind from top rated

Thanks

Khushbu

IMG_7772.png

elenica99426
Community Member

My JSS dropped from 100 to 88, but this happened just yesterday. So why did I lose my Top Rated badge?

Hi Eleni,

I am sorry to hear about your Top Rated badge. You need to consistently meet all the requirements for the Top Rated badge to maintain the badge on our profile. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

But in the Requirements page, it says that I need to have above 90% for at least 13 our of 16 last weeks. Now, I was above 90% for 15 out of 16 weeks.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members