🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated Status Conditions (how to maintain)
Page options
firefingers
Community Member

Top Rated Status Conditions (how to maintain)

Hi,

So I just got the Top Rated status and want to learn more about it. Specifically, how to maintain it.

It says in the conditions you must remain active. Does this require me to send in proposals weekly? What if, on a daily/weekly basis I am receiving invites? Would receiving and responding to invites count as "being active"?

Also, I had 100% JSS and about two weeks ago it dropped to 98%. I am not sure how this happened. The only negative things I can think of is:

1. Had one client rate me a 4.6 and the rest are all 5s out of 28 jobs.

2. Had someone send me an invite for a job but then they canceled the proposal "because I did not follow directions". 

3. I may have not submitted a proposal during the week (but I did get invites).

Would any of these situations reduce the JSS?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for reaching out and congratulations for earning the Top Rated badge! To earn and maintain Top Rated status you must have:

1. A current Job Success Score of 90% or higher
  2. First hire on Upwork was more than 90 days ago
  3. Maintained Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks
  4. A 100% complete profile  (90% for those who brought their profiles over from Elance)
  5. 12-month earnings of at least $1,000
  6. Up-to-date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate)
  7. An account in good standing with no recent account holds
  8. Activity on the platform (proposal, accepted invitation, or earnings) in the past 90 days\

Jobs with no earnings or no feedback become counted in your score, either because they were closed or because several months have passed since you received a payment. Please be advised that we don't reveal the exact calculation for your score. We need to maintain some privacy with this metric to ensure fairness and accuracy. I understand this isn't the information you were looking for but as you can see, different users use different approaches.

These help articles might help you boost your scores: 

Job Success Score

Job Success Score Changed

Become Top Rated

Let me know if you need anything else.

~ Riri

My question is more specific to #8 on the list. So, any of those actions count as being active? It does not have to be all three or a combination, correct?

Hi Dylan,

I apologize for not getting back to you soon, as I needed to clarify this with the team. You have to have sent proposals, accepted invites OR had some earnings in the past 90 days to qualify. Just one of the three would do the trick. Let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members