🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated eligible weeks and Bad experience H...
Page options
1f32be23
Community Member

Top Rated eligible weeks and Bad experience HELP

Hello Upwork community!

I am very upset now . My stats page was updated today with 75% JSS and Rising Talent. 

Before few days, I had the contract with unpolite client who had very small budget and broken codebase.I have worked very hard and completed his original task . but he asked next steps and I have added new features and  fixed issues. he said "You really are working very hardly,Amazing,Amazing" whenever I provided the results to him. Everything was moving smoothly. But suddenly , he asked another task with Tip $20. At that time , I have said to him like this "I have completed first task based on your project description.". 

He never stopped our progress and he wanted to push me into next steps too with the **bleep** money . I was trying to keep client's requirements because he said "then This task is incompleted and I will refund $50.".I haven't checked his broken codebase cleary when I have contract at first time. It was really really stupid in my life. Actually I don't want to have bad conditions with my baby account because I did leave my last job with nightmare covid-19. As well because I want upwork can make me more powerful .....

Finally , I agreed with his good review and $20tip instead of orginal budget.

So what I want to know is like following:

1. Will  my Top Rated eligible weeks state keep going in the future weeks too?

2. How to defeat the future bad solutions to improve my account ?

Thanks .All guys in upwork community!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Oliver B wrote:

That is a serious violation of Upwork's terms of service and can cost you your account. You are NOT allowed to bargain feedback for refunds or payments.

Oliver B wrote:

I haven't checked his broken codebase cleary when I have contract at first time. It was really really stupid in my life.

That was a rookie mistake.

Oliver B wrote:

1. No, because the JSS has to be above 90% for a week to count as "eligible", or the profile has to be "Rising Talent. Your Rising Talent badge will vanish in the next 24 hours.

2. Really all you can do is choose clients and projects very carefully, scope the work with care, and complete contracts perfectly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Oliver B wrote:

That is a serious violation of Upwork's terms of service and can cost you your account. You are NOT allowed to bargain feedback for refunds or payments.

Oliver B wrote:

I haven't checked his broken codebase cleary when I have contract at first time. It was really really stupid in my life.

That was a rookie mistake.

Oliver B wrote:

1. No, because the JSS has to be above 90% for a week to count as "eligible", or the profile has to be "Rising Talent. Your Rising Talent badge will vanish in the next 24 hours.

2. Really all you can do is choose clients and projects very carefully, scope the work with care, and complete contracts perfectly.

1f32be23
Community Member

Thanks Petra

then will my account keep for now?

petra_r
Community Member

Oliver B wrote:

Thanks Petra

then will my account keep for now?

What do you mean?

1f32be23
Community Member

You said like this.

"That is a serious violation of Upwork's terms ". and please kindly focus my descriptions. I have completed his orignal task clearly. It was rookie mistake as you said.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members