🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rater Perk for Feedback Removal - Suprise...
Page options
kirke_
Community Member

Top Rater Perk for Feedback Removal - Suprise! Feedback is Back in Your Star Rating!

Hey, probably some of you have already noticed a tiny changes in the page describing the feedback removal process when using Top Rater Perk... Or not.

So, let me enlighten you. There is now a text saying the following:

"We only remove the client's rating and public feedback from your profile and JSS score. This does not impact your star rating which may be displayed on other pages, such as Project Catalog or on pages that market freelancer services to clients." 

Surprise, surprise, you might go to your project page to see the "Star" scoring and notice how old projects from years ago, which you were supposedly removing with your perk, have found their way back there 🙂 They can't be seen on your public previous project page, but they are in your star rating. How cool it is!! ;))) Love the interface. Love the Upwork experience. 

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristine, 

Thank you for sharing this here. I want to clarify that this has always been the case, as it was mentioned in older comments on this announcement. 

The star rating shown on the project tile is an average of star ratings a freelancer receives on all their contracts since registering on Upwork. On the other hand, the JSS is calculated over 3-, 6-, 12- and 24 months and also considers other factors, which you can read more about here.
Also, I'd like to clarify that while the Top Rated Feedback Removal Perk appears to work the same as the Project Catalog Feedback Removal, they are two separate entities. Contracts set up via Project Catalog will work like any Upwork contract,, and the client can leave feedback that could impact your Job Success Score. However, you can request feedback removal once a month on contracts started through your projects. While we currently include this rating system on projects, we are considering other ways to showcase your success on Upwork.

In the meantime, I see that you have an open ticket, and the team is investigating why the feedback is still displayed on your Project when a refund was issued. Once the team has more information, they will reach out to you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members