🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Tracker and less to no activity with fixed ho...
Page options
juttumer
Community Member

Tracker and less to no activity with fixed hours

Hello, I had a project. My work requires to call and receive calls of customers in that project along with other tasks like a VA and during that time there is minor to zero activity ,however only my client's software is open in computer. Will it affect my account as my tracker is on, there is no prominent activity because I have to wait for calls. My hours are fixed and I cannot exceed those hours manually. kindly guide.

3 REPLIES 3
LuiggiR

Hi Umer,

I understand you're concerned that this will affect your contract considering the type of work you'll be doing. Tracking your time with low activity levels can disqualify you from Hourly Payment Protection, and this would undoubtedly be an issue if the client decides to dispute your hours. Otherwise, billing happens automatically, so it's best to always use the tracker instead of manual time. We've heard from other Community Members with similar contracts that tasks like note-taking on calls have helped them show more activity levels while adding value to their work.

Another alternative you may want to explore with your client is to have a Fixed-Price contract instead of an hourly one. You can learn more about those here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
juttumer
Community Member

I'll only be disqualified from hourly protection payment when client open dispute on my hours? And if the client is ok with as he knows what my work is, it will not effect me? Am I right? 

It is correct. All time tracked will be paid if client agree. Noone will check activity\memos in that case.

Keep in mind: with 0 clicks\keys this 10 min will be skipped by tracker app. So you must click time from time or add time as manual then.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members