🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Two accounts
Page options
alfitunov
Community Member

Two accounts

Hello, I have accidently bought connects and made like 42 proposals on a wrong account that has no prior history. Is it possible to merge two of my accounts together? So the client sees my account with the 5 star rating and previous successful job history?

5 REPLIES 5
joynul33
Community Member

The Upwork Terms of Service allow only one account per person. However, you can create a specialized profile to allow you to better highlight your different talents. This feature lets you add another “profile” as part of the same freelancer account.

Thanks!

Joynul

I understand that...in the past I had an account on Elance that has work history and 5 star reviews that I didn't know transfered to Upwork. Not knowing that my old account transfered, I registered a new account on Upwork thinking it is a new platform...Only recently I realized I had two accounts. But by mistake, instead of buying connects and making proposals on the account with previous history and good reviews, I did that on the new account that has no history or reviews. I made 24 proposals between yesterday and today...Is there a way to transfer them...I am not interested in highlighting any talents..

Tima A wrote:

I understand that...in the past I had an account on Elance that has work history and 5 star reviews that I didn't know transfered to Upwork. Not knowing that my old account transfered, I registered a new account on Upwork thinking it is a new platform...Only recently I realized I had two accounts. But by mistake, instead of buying connects and making proposals on the account with previous history and good reviews, I did that on the new account that has no history or reviews. I made 24 proposals between yesterday and today...Is there a way to transfer them...I am not interested in highlighting any talents..

How could you not know? The only way for your Elance account to be transferred to Upwork is if you yourself initiated the move. Transferring from Elance was not an automated process.

I have transferred it after new account was created, however, only recently I've realized that I've been making proposals on the wrong account. But I have access to both accounts. That's why I am interested in merging them. That is my only interest. But someone already contacted me from customer service and they are helping me to get rid off the wrong account. Thank you guys for your help!

JoanneP

Hi Tima,

Could you please share with me more information, including the email or userID of your account so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members