🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is this a common request?
Page options
kathy1010
Community Member

Is this a common request?

Hi, guys. I made a proposal. The client responded that she liked my examples, but how could she be sure I was the one who wrote them. Most of us don't get our name on our writing. Is there a good answer to this one?

Have a great weekend.

4 REPLIES 4
mtngigi
Community Member

Virginia F wrote:

Hi, guys. I made a proposal. The client responded that she liked my examples, but how could she be sure I was the one who wrote them. Most of us don't get our name on our writing. Is there a good answer to this one?

Have a great weekend.

"Most of us don't get our name on our writing" ... and that's it in a nutshell. That should be enough of an explanation. Explain to her that the great majority of freelance writing means the copyright goes to your clients, and that you do not have permission to use them in your portfolio. If your profile, JSS, and excellent feedback aren't enough, I don't know what would be!

You could also suggest she hire you for a small paid test. Beyond that, I would question a client for whom your Upwork record is not enough.

Thanks. She's new to Upwork and nervous, I think. I do like the idea of a paid test. (From the real Virginia F.)

@kathy1010 wrote:

Thanks. She's new to Upwork and nervous, I think. I do like the idea of a paid test. (From the real Virginia F.)

You're welcome. And since I'm older than you, I'm the real Virginia F.

::LOL. I stand corrected. Have a great weekend.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members