🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UNABLE TO VIEW JOB DESCRIPTION POSTED BY A CO...
Page options
karleyp
Community Member

UNABLE TO VIEW JOB DESCRIPTION POSTED BY A COMPANY

Hi there,

On a few occasions, I have seen a job that I would like to apply to. However, they sometimes have this message: "view the job description by clicking "Job Description" section at the web page given below: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

When I click on the link, all I see is "JOB DESCRIPTION" and nothing else. I have tried this on Firefox and Google Chrome.

The above link is only one example. I have experienced this every time I have tried to view a job description.

Can you please explain why I cannot actually see the job description.

Thanks, Karley.

karleyp_0-1665150950411.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
esadr
Community Member

The job description should be on Upwork, right under the job title, and not on some external link.

This is usually a sign that it's a scam/spam job post.

In this specific case, you probably have an active ad blocker, so you don't see that it's an advertisement, not a real job description.

esadr_1-1665152882716.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
esadr
Community Member

The job description should be on Upwork, right under the job title, and not on some external link.

This is usually a sign that it's a scam/spam job post.

In this specific case, you probably have an active ad blocker, so you don't see that it's an advertisement, not a real job description.

esadr_1-1665152882716.png

karleyp
Community Member

Ah ok thank you Esad, I will avoid these "jobs" then. Thanks for your response, Karley.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members