🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » USD Wire transfers to Nigeria timeline
Page options
f9f90935
Community Member

USD Wire transfers to Nigeria timeline

How many days does it take Upwork to process a USD wire transfer to a Nigerian bank?

I made a withdrawal request on Monday, and it was successful. However, I haven't received a notification that my withdrawal request has been processed as at Wednesday; 2 days after initializing the withdrawal.

Is this normal?

This is my first time using the wire transfer option.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Temini,

I checked and can confirm that a withdrawal you’re referring to was successfully processed on our end.  It can take up to four business days for the funds to arrive at your bank account. To learn more about this check out this guide.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

63 REPLIES 63

Please which bank did you use then?

I use GTB.
ebyemem
Community Member

hey temini, lease how do i go about withdrawing to my dollar account, how long does it take and does it come in dollars, like not converted to naira by upwork

teminii
Community Member

Hi Emem! You have a domiciliary account, yes? So when you're processing your payment on Upwork, you'll select the Wire Transfer(USD) option as the payment option you want. Upwork charges $30 for this transaction, and it takes me about 2-3 days to receive my payment whenever I use this option. As long as you use the wire transfer option, and not the Direct to Local Bank option, you'll receive your money in dollars.

Hope this helps.
ebyemem
Community Member

thank you so much it was so helpful

Hello Emem, Navigate to Settings => Get Paid, Scroll down. You will see the payment method, click on the add Payment method, Click on WIre Transfer. So you will just need to add your Nigeria domiciliary account.

It will take 7 days to be activated by Upwork, After that, when you are about to withdraw, Just withdraw it with your connected dollar account(domiciliary account).

It takes a maximum of 7 business days to receive funds

Hi, is there any way to receive in Dollars in my domiciliary account with direct to US bank payment? instead of wire transfer due to the fees

55abf90d
Community Member

Good day temini please which Nigerian bank did you use for your local bank transfer. How did you do about it. From the card you used for your billing address, to how you added your local account details. Because I've done several withdrawal request but all have been declined say incorrect bank details so I don't know what to do

surh
Community Member

I think the question is; what's the max value you can leave in your upwork balance. 

I think you can set that manually. It's usually $10k by default and sends at the end of every month is I remember correctly. 

3eab5faa
Community Member

Hello everyone, I transferred the sum of $171 from my Payoneer account to my zenith domiciliary account and it over 2 weeks, I haven't received funds... All I keep hearing is that they'll work on it...

Who else have experience this?

Did you eventually receive the money?

praiz_dale
Community Member

I withdrew $230 using the wired transfer method on Friday (8th of April), but I am still yet to receive it. I don't know how to contact customer support. Why is it hard to even reach customer support?

What bank are you using?

Access Bank

Hi Praise,

Please know that Wire transfers will be processed within one business day but may take several to arrive in your bank account. If more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds, please follow up with us.

~Andrea
Upwork

Okay

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the support.

I got the money yesterday, but the money got sent twice.

I was expecting $230, but I received it twice. 

I got the first one yesterday and the 2nd one today, making it $460.

I'm guessing it was a network problem.

Can you help look into this? How can I refund the $230 back to Upwork?

Thanks

Hi Praise,

Thanks for following up! I'm glad to hear you received your funds yesterday. I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding the second transaction. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
5695fbe4
Community Member

hello i did a withdraw before it can in , in like 4 hours, I just did another one yesterday its taking more than 18 hours. Is there anything i should worry about

Hi Francis,

Please keep in mind that it can take several days for the money to arrive at your bank. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days, let us know and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. For more information, check out this help article. 

I can see that you have already reached out to our team regarding this. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket soon. You may access your support tickets on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
c56a4767
Community Member

I tried to do a wire transfer to my domiciliary account, and I didn't know the charge was $30. Is it possible for me to reverse my money back to my Upwork account?

I have sent an email to the support team. I have not gotten any reply yet.

Hi Josephine,

I can confirm that support tickets have been created with your concern. Please allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update here once it's been taken care of. A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
c56a4767
Community Member

Thank you, Arjay. I will be expecting a reply from the support team.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members