🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to cancel a contract.
Page options
kaiyan717
Community Member

Unable to cancel a contract.

Had a new client that was iffy, and as time went on, weeks after I sent work, the client was putting  me off. I canceled contract and told him that I would retain rights to the work. He then sends thirty dollars after I canceled (fee was 200), and Upworks let it go through. He left a nasty review and I am wondering why it was even allowed to go to my profile as a finished contract. It wasn't. I canceled the contract. I do not want to accept the thirty dollars, because it will be payment to use my work at a fraction of the price. How do I get the contract refunded and it off my profile? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your message. You can refer to this help page for more information on issuing refunds. Please note refunding will remove the job and the public feedback from your Upwork public profile only. Your private feedback for this job would still be considered in your JSS calculation. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. You can initiate a refund from the more options (3 dots) menu on the contract page. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks. Will that take it off of my profile?

Just tried your suggestion, however the only option I have is to 'send message'  Thanks in advance for any other suggestions you might have.

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your message. You can refer to this help page for more information on issuing refunds. Please note refunding will remove the job and the public feedback from your Upwork public profile only. Your private feedback for this job would still be considered in your JSS calculation. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

I appreciate your help. Thank You!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members