🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to complete job
Page options
efecadf9
Community Member

Unable to complete job

What happens if you are unable to meet the clients expectations and can't finish the job? Whether it is beyond your skill set or wasn't part of the original agreement.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "What happens if you are unable to meet the clients expectations and can't finish the job? Whether it is beyond your skill set or wasn't part of the original agreement. "

You know something, Adam?
I don't ACTUALLY care if you complete the assignment or not.

I don't even know you. I'm not your teacher or mentor.

What matters to me is that the JOB gets done, and gets done right.

So when you applied to my job and said you could do it, I was hoping that you would finish the task.

But if you're not the right fit for this project, then just let me know.

I respect that.

You will be helping me out because then I can hire somebody else without delay.

If you aren't sure what to do and you just avoid telling me the truth, then the project is going to get behind schedule and I'm not going to be happy about that.

But if you just come right out and tell me that you won't be able to do this (for any reason, the reason doesn't really matter), then I'll be grateful and I'm not going to be vindictive or anything.

If you want me to, I'll even let you close the contract and I can never leave any feedback at all.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Adam G wrote:
What happens if you are unable to meet the clients expectations and can't finish the job? Whether it is beyond your skill set or wasn't part of the original agreement.

Depends how professionally you handle it and how the client feels about it. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "What happens if you are unable to meet the clients expectations and can't finish the job? Whether it is beyond your skill set or wasn't part of the original agreement. "

You know something, Adam?
I don't ACTUALLY care if you complete the assignment or not.

I don't even know you. I'm not your teacher or mentor.

What matters to me is that the JOB gets done, and gets done right.

So when you applied to my job and said you could do it, I was hoping that you would finish the task.

But if you're not the right fit for this project, then just let me know.

I respect that.

You will be helping me out because then I can hire somebody else without delay.

If you aren't sure what to do and you just avoid telling me the truth, then the project is going to get behind schedule and I'm not going to be happy about that.

But if you just come right out and tell me that you won't be able to do this (for any reason, the reason doesn't really matter), then I'll be grateful and I'm not going to be vindictive or anything.

If you want me to, I'll even let you close the contract and I can never leave any feedback at all.

OK great. Thanks. That helps. So the responsibility is on me to communicate with the client. I've not landed my first job yet but I am more than capable of doing a lot of things. Suppose i just have a fear that the clients may have a different vision of a final product. Guess that's where good communication comes in.

You're not getting married.

It is normal for clients to hire a freelancer and that hire doesn't work out.

Freelancing means "This may be very temporary, and that's fine."

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members