🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to log Manual Time
Page options
aranasroan24
Community Member

Unable to log Manual Time

Hi Team,

I have 2 clients that allow manual time logging. But, today, I tried to manual time to both of them but it is not working. No error message appearing as well. 

When I click the "Add Manual Time" button, nothing happens, it just refreshes. This is for two of my clients. Kindly confirm if there are system issues?

Thank you very much in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

Our engineers released a fix and you should now be able to add manual time both from the Contract room and from My Jobs> Work Diary. If you still don't see the pop up when clicking Add Manual Time button, please clear your browser cache. 

Thank you for your patience while we were getting this resolved!

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

127 REPLIES 127
nh0106
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

I am not able to do manully time entry in my any projects. When I click on "Add Manual Time" button then page refresh and manual time entry popup will not open. 

Can you please help on this?

Thanks,

Hi Nagajan K. I'w got same problem a day ago. When someone answerit about to my site then i will send you all information about. Cheers.

Also when this problem is comming, i was loaded page using my phone and add hours, but now this variant stop working too.

miranda_paola19
Community Member

Good day,

I have permission to add manual hours, but when I click on the button "Add Manual Time" the modal to input it does not load. 

Please fix.

dmitriydunduk
Community Member

Dear upworkers. Who can help me to solve my problem. From Monday morning, green button "Add manual time" stopped working right. After i pressed it loading circle showing and then it redirect me back again. Then i tried add manual time using my phone and it's working firstly, but now after couple hours this variant stopped working too.

Help me please to solve this situation. 

678035fb
Community Member

I have not been able to enter manual time since yesterday. The screen refreshes and there is a message that says "No Data for this date".  Please help.

b_pustovar
Community Member

Hi, i cant add manual time to my work dairy despite my employer says that everything is ok with my account

Same with me. For all clients. Manual hours are not allowed, It seems like a bug or something for me. Anyone?

frozenfood2007
Community Member

Hi team for the last two days I have been unable to log my work hours please advise thanks graeme

marmot777
Community Member

I have two jobs where I log manual time and there are plenty of hours available this week. When I go to the work diary and click "Add Manual Hours" the pop-up where I can enter the information does not pop up. i'm on a mac and I've tried this in the chrome, brave, and Firefox browsers. Same problem. 

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how to fix it? Thanks.

Neil

eduardo_noriega
Community Member

Work diary is not working.

When I click "Add Manual Time" the page refreshes and then stays the same. The dialog to enter the manual time doesn't show.

I tried this in both Chrome and Edge with the same result.

This is a blocker as we are stopped from entering our hours worked.

I found this work around on this Forum posted by someone from Upwork:

Our engineers are actively working on a fix for this issue. Meanwhile, as a workaround you should be able to add Manual Time from within your contract room. Here are the steps:

- Go to My Jobs and click on the name of the contract.

- In the Contract room click Work Diary tab.

- There you should be able to click on the Plus sign and add manual time. 

This workaround worked for me--thanks!!

Christine

The work around works well

Many thanks to you

ea1f02c4
Community Member

Hi!

I can't add manual hours to any of my contracts (yes they allow manual hours).
Every time I click on add time it refreshes the page and nothing happens.

Some of m colleagues are available to do that but I can't.

milica_brankovic
Community Member

Work diary does not respond and cannot enter hours

big_whiskey
Community Member

Avery, I am trying to add manual time (It IS on for project) and the usual screen does NOT pop up...

kanwaliqra
Community Member

Hi, 

I am unable to add manual time in work diary. 

When I click on Add Manual Time button, popup does not opens and nothing happens afterwards. 

Your help is appreciated.

Iqra K wrote:

Hi, 

I am unable to add manual time in work diary. 

When I click on Add Manual Time button, popup does not opens and nothing happens afterwards. 

Your help is appreciated.

I hope a moderator shows up to help you. Meanwhile, just remind you that manual hours are not protected and if the customer disputes them, you will not get anything.

0958169f
Community Member

Hi

I am trying to record my MANUAL WORK DIARY , for some reason when I press the botton "Add Manual Time" it doesn't do anything

I've done that many times so I know how it works , but something wrong happened 

Any advice ?

Same issue here, so it's not just you.

caricature-shop
Community Member

Experiencing the same issue today.

Hi Rob,

Could you please follow the steps that Valeria shared here? Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I am having the same issue - unable to add manual time in work diary. When I click on Add manual time, page refreshes and nothing happens.

Hi Charles,

Have you tried the steps shared in this thread? Let me know if you still can't add manual time after trying them.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Any update on this? Currently using the workaround but hoping this isn't the long term solution?

Hi Meghan,

Our engineers are actively working on a fix for this issue. Once it's fixed, we'll make sure to announce it here in the Community.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

This is not going to look good on us. If the clients see that we are adding hours days after the work was supposed to be done, they may think we are making up the hours.

johnsw1
Community Member

I have been able to add manual time for all time -  until this week!

Now when I press the manual time button, it doesn't work  ie doesn't present me with the option to add dates/time etc as usual. Is it an Upwork issue? 

evdsilva
Community Member

Exactly the same problem here.

mangeshnanoti
Community Member

Hi,

Earlier, when I used to select snapshots and click the "Edit Memos" option, or when I double-clicked on the memo timeline over the snapshot, a popup used to open from where I could edit the memo. Now that's not happening. I think that it might be a bug.

Can someone please help out?

Thanks,

Mangesh

Hi! I'm having the same problem. Can't edit my screenshot memo for today.  Can you kindly check?  Thank you!

71d070f0
Community Member

I can't add my hours to the work diary since Sunday. I need help with this, or else I'll lose my hours

blakemitchell55
Community Member

Help! Help! I just went to fill in the memo on one of my projects and it keeps failing to work. I select the hours for which I want to edit a memo, hit the 'edit memo' button and it clears the screen and then comes back with all the hours deselected without every giving me a chance to put something in the memo! What is going on??

Hi Blake,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. Could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Also, you can only add, edit, and delete time on an active contract in the current week's Work Diary. The previous week's Work Diary is no longer editable after Monday at noon UTC. Please let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Wow, what a mess. I have cleared cookies and apparently cleared the
cache, as well, but the problem persists! I have not been able to add
a memo fo any of the 6 hours I put in on monday, june 7. Mysteriously,
after I finished some work today, june 8, I went to the work diary
and, somehow, memos have inexplicably appeared for the work I did
today, but they don't actually describe the work I did. What the hell?
One thing of note, I went to starbucks, the other day, to use their
wifi. It installed something on my machine that automatically logs me
in whenever I go there, supposedly. I have been having this trouble
ever since then. Could that possibly be interfering with the time
tracker app, do you suppose? Hmmm.....

By the way, at one time, if a free lancer failed to add a memo for
every screenshot, in the work diary, he would not get paid for the
ones that had no memo. Is that still the case? If so, I will be VERY
upset if I do not get paid for the extensive work I have done because
the Upwork app has quit working!!! I would add an anger emoji here,
but I am not sure how as I normally don't mess with emoji's. I have
alerted my client to this issue just in case there are some serious
difficulties. I will go back to starbucks tomorrow and see if I can
find out something there. (Hoo Boy) Isn't science wonderful?

Hi Blake,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
926a8c0b
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I'm having the same issue as others where I cannot edit memos or add manual time in my work diary. It would be great to know when there is a fix to this issue!

Thanks,

Zab

Thank you. Just for informational purposes, I have received some
E-mails, from other free lancers saying they are having the same
issue. I also go an E-mail, from a member of your support team stating
that this is known bug and they are currently working on it. I am
beginning to feel a lot better about this now. I was afraid Starbucks
might have caused the problem, only on my machine, when they
downloaded something to it when I went in there to use their wifi.
Apparently, that is not the case. Big load off my mind!
stephhill21
Community Member

I've been having the same issue for 2 days now. Doesn't matter what device, what browser, clearing cookies, incognito mode... I can't add time to a contract that's been allowing manual time for months.

Hi all,

As shared on this thread, it is a known issue and our engineers are working actively on fixing it. As a workaround, you can try using Firefox instead of a Chrome browser or add/edit manual time from within the contract page:

• Go to My Jobs and click on contract in question.
  • In the Contract room click the Work Diary tab.
  • There you should be able to add or edit manual time.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we'll make sure to update here once it's been resolved.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members