🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: PAN pending verification
Page options
Gopi P Community Member

Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork

Please check my Legal Taxpayer Name. Now I verified the legal name and PAN number. Please check and approve.

gopip18_1-1646185972652.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ Avery

View solution in original post

376 REPLIES 376
Rohit R Community Member

I am uploading my PAN no. for TAX purpose and every time it got rejected. My PAN no. Is correct. Then why this is happening.

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Rohit,

It looks like you were able to re-add your PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~Andrea
Rohit R Community Member

Hi Andrea

But it is showing " PAN could not be verified. Please remove and Re add number to update' status every time i update it again. Please check the screenshot.

Hi Rohit,

I checked your account and I'm not seeing that message on my end, could you please check again? You can also try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists.

~Andrea
Marmik K Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

Hope you all are very well.

I have my freelancer account. As well as an agency account. **Edited for Community Guidelines** . But I don't know why the Tax Identification > PAN is not verified. I added before once. And they are not verified. I again added. But still, after 4-5 days, it's not verifying.

I hurry about this because of charges. So, can you please check out why it's taking too long?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you so much.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Marmik,

Thank you for your message. If you've managed to add your PAN details successfully, i.e. it was accepted and you didn't get an error message, you're good to go! No further action on the Upwork platform is necessary.

Thank you

Pradeep

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Then I will wait for the verified message. Also as per this blog, https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044709894-Indian-Tax-Deducted-at-Source-TDS-or-Withh..., Upwork charges 5% TDS if I didn't provide TAX information. It's already taken too many days to verify. So, I am worried.

Thank you so much.

Hi Marmik,

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~Andrea

Hello,

Thank you for letting me know. Now, I am free for this.

Thank you so much.

Arun Prabhu G Community Member

Hi,

I have Updated my pan number twice as per the https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/ ...

Also  updated my tax id on Upwork as was asked in the email. but still shows as "PAN pending verification".

Please someone provide solution for this

PAN verified.png

Hi Arun,

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~Andrea
Jemin M Community Member

I am getting "Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork" emails again and again. I have added my correct PAN number and Legal Name in W-8 section. Both of them are as per IT department and TRACES records. Still again and again my TAX ID verficiation fails. 

And I am able to verify my PAN with same details on TRACES website. But somehow on Upwork it fails with Unable to verify your PAN.

Please help me with this issue on Upwork platform.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Riddhi,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Pankaj G Community Member

c14ccbde_0-1647961984818.png

When ever i try to update my tax identification id it not allowing me to enetr my name. Freelancer developer as legal tax payer is by default being selected. I guess because of which my tax identification is being rejected evary time i upload

Hi Pankaj,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Tural B Community Member

👍

Tural Babashov
Tural B Community Member

I don't know

Tural Babashov
Mandeep S Community Member

Hi team,
I have an Indian freelancer account as well as an agency account. My Indian PAN number is not verified in my freelancer account as well as the agency account as I have removed PAN and re-submitted it twice. My legal taxpayer name is the same in my freelancer and agency account as I am a sole proprietor. The same reason by PAN is going to be the same in my individual account and agency account. I have verified and found my information correct on Traces.

Looking forward to your support!

Thank you

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Mandeep,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Jemin M Community Member

Hi,

I am getting "Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork" emails again and again. I have added my correct PAN number and Legal Name in W-8 section. Both of them are as per IT department and TRACES records. Still again and again my TAX ID verficiation fails. 

And I am able to verify my PAN with same details on TRACES website. But somehow on Upwork it fails with Unable to verify your PAN.

Please help me with this issue on Upwork platform.

Tural B Community Member

you can write your w9 code

Tural Babashov
Tural B Community Member

I registrated with w9 code

Tural Babashov
Shashank S Community Member

Hi,

In tax information section, My pan was not verified so It shows the error that please remove the PAN and Upload it again. But still it is not verified. So I kindly request you to please check the issue and Verify my PAN.

Thank you in advance!!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Tural B Community Member

problem-related with w9 code

Tural Babashov
Chirag R Community Member

Hi,

I am unable to verify my PAN, even though it is correct and active. It says that:

"We were unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted. Please double-check your tax ID number(s). You need to remove your ID and then re-submit it for validation."

Can someone help?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members