🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork
Page options
Gopi P Community Member

Unable to verify your Tax ID number on Upwork

Please check my Legal Taxpayer Name. Now I verified the legal name and PAN number. Please check and approve.

gopip18_1-1646185972652.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~ Avery

View solution in original post

369 REPLIES 369
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Chirag,

Could you please confirm if you're still experiencing this issue? If so, please make sure your name in the W-8BEN section of Tax Information matches your PAN before trying again.

~Andrea
Chirag R Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I have added my name in W-8BEN section of Tax Information and then added the PAN number again. Will let you know if it's solved. Thanks in advance!

****UPDATE:****

This has been resolved. Thanks for your help, Andrea!

Tural B Community Member

thanks, it can be solved

Tural Babashov
Rakesh Kumar S Community Member

HI,

I want to change my pencard and what is process of change in pencard......

Hi Rakesh,

You can manage your PAN in Settings > Tax Information.

~Andrea
Tural B Community Member

interestingg

Tural Babashov
Rakesh Kumar S Community Member

HI

I want change my pencard number can any one help him...

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You should be able to add your PAN number under the Tax Information section on the Setting page. Here is a screenshot for reference. 

~ Nikola
Sachin S Community Member

Hi There!

I'm a freelancer from India, as per the gov. rule I need to submit my gov issued tax id on Upwork.

But, when I'm adding my tax ID information on Upwork, the legal taxpayer name shows wrong by default, it's showing "Creative Keeda" instead of "Sachin Soni".

Could you please help me to change this?

I'm attaching screenshots with this

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Tural B Community Member

👍

Tural Babashov
Mrugesh P Community Member

Hi Pradeep.

I have added my PAN multiple times but still it is not getting added in the system. I also did the PAN verification on PAN website it says PAN is Active but getting error in Upwork for adding. Refer both the screenshots attached.

Can you please check the same.

Thanks.

Mrugesh.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Mrugesh,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Tural B Community Member

benefical

Tural Babashov
Nitesh K Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your response. I did what you mentioned and now I am having PAN pending verification.

nitesh_796_0-1649224309233.png

Would it still deduct 5% TDS ?

Thanks 

Nitesh

Kranthi r Community Member

Hi There,

I have uploaded my Pan Card, but it's not validating, Reason might be that the name in Pan card is not matching with name in upwork, what shall I do ? Do I need to update my name in upwork profile ?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Kranthi,

I checked and can see that you have not added your name in the "Legal Taxpayer Name" field and your Form W-8BEN under Settings > Tax Information. Please make sure you add the correct legal name that matches your PAN ID that can be found on the TRACES record.

~ Luiggi
Pankaj K Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Am also facing this problem since last two days which is really irritating.
Doesn't matter which support page I click on I will get redirected to the Jobs feed. 

I have tried after clearning my cache and cookies and also I tried this in a new browser/new PC with no luck.

I need to raise a ticket related to my PAN verification status not updating but before that I guess I have to get this redirection issue resolved. 

Please look into this asap.  

Priyanka C Community Member

Hello,

Can you let me know why my pan number not verified?

Hi Priyanka,

The TAX ID (PAN) status is under "Pending Verification" until we have a manual verification for PAN. Once you enter a PAN number, you will automatically get a reduced withholding tax of 1% regardless of the PAN "Pending Verification" status. There is no further action needed on your end. 

~Andrea
Tural B Community Member

Thanks for this info

Tural Babashov
Shubham K Community Member

Hi,

I don't know the issue but I am not able to verify my PAN card number. It always shows me https://prnt.sc/IXaMaXGNOK3t this message. I tried to update it lots of times by removing and adding again and also checking the PAN number and the name similar to the PAN card and my Upwork profile name but it's unverified every time.

I tried lots to connect with support but I failed. Please can help me with this issue.

Thanks 

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Karunagaran K Community Member

I also have this issue. I have re-submitted my PAN multiple times. I think the problem is my PAN name is XXXXXXX X. The last name has only one word. 

Hi Karunagaran,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members