🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unauthorized Deduction from Upwork Account Ba...
Page options
3e6225a4
Community Member

Unauthorized Deduction from Upwork Account Balance

I hope you are well

I am writing to bring to your attention a concerning issue I have encountered with my Upwork account, [ On Thursday, December 21, 2023, I observed an unexpected deduction from my account balance.

My account balance was $25 prior to this deduction, but it now displays a balance of $7. I would like to clarify that I did not authorize any such transaction, and I am unaware of any legitimate reason for this deduction.

This sudden and unexplained reduction in my account balance has raised significant concerns for me. kindly request your immediate assistance in investigating this matter and, if possible, reversing the unauthorized deduction.

I have attached a screenshot that clearly shows my account balance Now.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this issue and kindly request that you provide regular updates on the progress of the investigation.

I would like to thank you in advance for your prompt and thorough handling of this matter. I trust that your team will work diligently to resolve this issue and restore my account balance to its previous amount.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Arslan,

I can see that you subscribed to the Freelancer Plus membership in November, and the reason for the reduced balance is that your membership was renewed. If you visit your Transaction History page, you should be able to see all debits and credits that have affected your account balance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Arslan,

I can see that you subscribed to the Freelancer Plus membership in November, and the reason for the reduced balance is that your membership was renewed. If you visit your Transaction History page, you should be able to see all debits and credits that have affected your account balance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3e6225a4
Community Member

Yes, I was not aware that membership fees are automatically deducted every month. Therefore, I submitted a request and upon reviewing the transaction history, I understood. Thank you so much, and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you so much for quick support!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members