🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unfair agency advantage (400 connects boost!)
Page options
vepa_durdiyev
Community Member

Unfair agency advantage (400 connects boost!)

I am not complaining about boosting, but current dynamics are simply unfair and out of hand. As a freelancer, I am literally not allowed to have more than 200 connects, leading to scenarios where I can't boost even if I want to. See the screenshot below. Dear Upwork, please re-balance this.

vepa_durdiyev_0-1673903205492.png

Let's not turn this into a debate about how boosting is evil, etc., etc. I just want a fair playground. Same rules for everyone.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

Thanks for the discussion and feedback you all have shared. I encourage you to check out this recent Product Update
as it's relevant to this topic. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

Really? You have more hope than me. I'm beginning to think it will only get worse.

Tiffany S wrote:

Maybe this will finally put an end to (or at least reduce) the "throw hundreds of proposals against the wall and cross your fingers" bidding method.

I'm hoping most of them have their fun in Jan-Feb with their resolution and slink away. I suppose we will find out!

anne-spicher
Community Member

Well, boosting is just for agencies in developing countries where the bosses buy connects for all of their employee slaves. They Can afford 100 connects easily, but then, the client gets bad quality from uneducated freelance slaves working for the bosses and the clients leave Upwork. We'll give this system a few months, then Upwork is out of business and it will be justice

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members