🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unfair rating from client
Page options
gallardomariel09
Community Member

Unfair rating from client

A client of 5 years recently ended my contract and gave me a very low rating and very negative feedback on my performance. This is really unfair because it all stemmed from a misunderstanding. My past reviews had always been positive and high, but because of what this client did, I'm sure that my JSS will drop... it already did (from 100% to 97%) after he ended my contract. What do you suggest I do about it? Is there a way I could counter his claims, or file a complaint against him? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Maria Elisa G wrote:

A client of 5 years recently ended my contract and gave me a very low rating and very negative feedback on my performance. This is really unfair because it all stemmed from a misunderstanding.

Are you top rated? If so, use your perk (if you haven't used it in the past 3 months and 10 contracts.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Maria Elisa:

You can not file a complaint against the client unless the client violated Upwork ToS.

According to your description of events, the client has not violated any ToS, and has done nothing that you can file a complaint about.

scarletfever
Community Member

A similar thing happened to me… it's really an unfair situation and my rating has taken a big hit because of it.

Dave K wrote:

A similar thing happened to me… it's really an unfair situation and my rating has taken a big hit because of it.

Dave, you should try to close more of your contracts with feedback. It took me a full page of closed jobs with no feedback to see which one you were referring to.  Are you closing the jobs yourself or asking clients to close them? You should ask clients to close them so they are forced to leave feedback, because if you had as many positive marks rather than no feedback, you would likely have a higher JSS right now. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members