🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unpaid for Logo Design
Page options
14f2b7dc
Community Member

Unpaid for Logo Design

Dear UpWork,

I recently created a logo for a cafe business in France and the customer has not paid. He decided to only pay by way of cryptocurrency after the work was completed. I sent him a sample of what is expected and he agreed to pay 50% upfront and the remaining 50% on completion. He indicated he would send the 50% and did not do so. It was advertised that it would be payment in US dollars.. I will wait to see if payment is made in two days and if not will as for an investagation to be done into this customer to make sure he is not scaming individuals out of money and should be removed. Also Upwork would need to discuss compensation for my work because it took me hours, 

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

You're doing it wrong.

You could be suspended for discussing payment via cryptocurrency.

That is a serious violation of Upwork ToS.

If you don't get paid for your work, it means that you need learn what you did wrong.

Find out how you used the Upwork system incorrectly, so that you don't make the same mistake again in the future.

If you have questions, ask your questions right here in this thread.

Based on your description of events, it sounds like you didn't even have an Upwork contract in place. In that case, you should not have done any work on this project.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members