🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: 🥇 Unveiling My Upwork Success Story: $10...
Page options
zansari
Community Member

🥇 Unveiling My Upwork Success Story: $10M Milestone Achieved! Let's Elevate Each Other's Journey!

Greetings,

Embarking on this journey, I first shared my insights within the newbie group, extending a helping hand to those just starting out. Today, I'm thrilled to delve deeper into the intricacies of freelancing, ready to assist my peers in overcoming challenges and seizing opportunities.

For over a decade, I've been immersed in the world of Upwork, tracing back to its earlier iterations as oDesk and Elance. Despite being a silent observer on the forums, I've recognized the immense value in actively engaging and sharing knowledge.

I invite you to pose your inquiries, knowing that I'm here to offer guidance and support. But before you do, here's a glimpse into my journey:

Greetings,

Embarking on this journey, I first shared my insights within the newbie group, extending a helping hand to those just starting out. Today, I'm thrilled to delve deeper into the intricacies of freelancing, ready to assist my peers in overcoming challenges and seizing opportunities.

For over a decade, I've been immersed in the world of Upwork, tracing back to its earlier iterations as oDesk and Elance. Despite being a silent observer on the forums, I've recognized the immense value in actively engaging and sharing knowledge.

I invite you to pose your inquiries, knowing that I'm here to offer guidance and support. But before you do, here's a glimpse into my journey:

👉Proud Holder of the Top Rated Plus Badge for the Past 3 Consecutive Years at Upwork 

👉Over $10 Million Earned on Upwork and other Freelance Platforms

👉Successfully Completed 8000+ Jobs Across Various Freelance Platforms

👉Established Meaningful Collaborations with Over 1,000+ Clients

👉 Invested Over 50,000+ Hours Crafting Solutions for Clients

👉Garnered 950+ Glowing 5-Star Reviews

With gratitude for your consideration, let's embark on a collaborative journey toward greater success and fulfillment in freelancing.

Warm Regards,
Zain

Best Wishes Zulqarnain Ansari (Zain)
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Several comments have been removed or edited because they violated the Community Guidelines and this thread has now been closed. We are grateful for the open dialogue our community members engage in here. We want to remind everyone that the Upwork Community is a professional forum and encourage everyone to provide feedback constructively. Remember that when posting comments that specifically identify or address an individual, you refer to an actual person. Please keep the feedback coming and remember, we are a community of professionals. We appreciate the passion, but we should all take care to use a professional, respectful approach when posting in the forums.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

123 REPLIES 123

Sorry my friend, but it shows only 200K, so, your post is deceiving. Maybe your intentions were good, or maybe you were just trying to gain more followers. If you want to do some good just do it and don't brag about your "success". 

Have you read my other messages on total earnings? That's just one platform.

elisa_b
Community Member

No, thanks, I am not interested in a mentorship session.

Here are my perceptions: had you started to help people on this forum quietly and humbly, providing answers and good suggestions, probably nobody would have argued with you.

But since you started a flashy thread celebrating your success, boasting about this and that, it was unavoidable to get a good dose of criticism and questioning. You turned on a big spotlight on your shiny armour, and unnecessary bragging is something that usually is not tolerated on forums.

d4be7eac
Community Member

Good day

I would like to get busy and earn money but seems like nothing I do creates money. Can you please tell me how you go about getting jobs? Kind regards

elisa_b
Community Member

Surely you won't attract ANY clients by writing in your profile "My family and I love spending time together, visiting our beautiful surrounding towns, eating at amazing restaurants and enjoying life". This is a job platform, not Instagram.

Let's suppose you are a client looking for a financial advisor. Would you rather hire somebody writing in their bio they enjoy restaurants, or a professional describing in detail their services, experience and skills instead?

Please start by taking the all Academy courses (linked above) and read these important resources:

Scams: Top Red Flags for Scams: From Community Membe... - Upwork Community

What to (not) expect from Upwork: To all freelancers looking for help - Upwork Community

zansari
Community Member

Elisa already provided some good links. 
I would suggest to start with your profile. Check this link

2971bde8
Community Member

If we help experienced freelancers like you, we can also dream of success

zansari
Community Member

Hey Sahida,

Welcome at Upwork. You can get all generic and specific help from this community threads. I've already sent you a message about personalized mentorship, so feel free to check it out when you get a chance.

Why don't you do an article for Upwork, and share all your tips with everyone? Why must it be private?

Edited: I'm not buying the sudden helpfulness. If you do what Clark, and I suggest, I might reconsider your sincerity.

Interesting idea. 
I will write one for Upwork soon.

Sincere question -

Why do you think you should be helping this person? You should be helping yourself.

Instead of dreams, a real mentor will be honest, transparent, forthcoming, and most of all - helpful. Helpful in the way Clark and Anthony are, every day, helping people with detailed information. Helpful like Radia, Mykola, Christine, Elisa, Clark, Prashant, and more (sorry, I know I'm leaving people out) freelancers with experience, who know the rules, and volunteer their time to help with no compensation or concern about what they get. These dedicated people do it for a reason many can't comprehend - they care and actively help as an action of that caring.

bobafett999
Community Member

So it is $200k+ for working 8,400 hours.  Are your converting it to PKR your local currency?

Not really, I mentioned USD.
I also mentioned Upwork and other platforms.
I also mentioned LI and direct websites.

People asked here to unhide Upwork earnings and here it is. 

celgins
Community Member

Zain,

I respectfully request that you recognize something that should be obvious — it’s over.

Everybody--at some point--must learn to accept defeat when it’s staring them in the face.

You probably thought you could use bluster and flashy numbers cloaked in a success story to bolster your image. But as many have said in this thread, people who truly want to help aren't self-serving and don't make announcements proclaiming their support.

If you really want to help freelancers get ahead, I recommend posting messages that help freelancers. Don't invite them to one-on-one sessions (even if they’re free); don't send them to anything off-site; and don't attempt to engage them via PM. Whatever helpful tips, methods, or approaches you have--share them so that more freelancers (new and established) can learn from you. You will get nowhere by being deceptive and self-centered.

Yes—you are getting beat up in this thread, and rightfully so. But those body blows and face punches should be received as advice. The best thing you can do right now is take ownership of your actions and acknowledge the deceit:

"Yes, I was attempting to use lofty numbers and skewed data to impress people, gain more followers, and hopefully add more freelancers to my agency. I acknowledge the deception and I realize things could have been better had I approached this in a more selfless manner."

Acknowledgement goes a long way. Even the folks delivering those blinding left hooks and stiff uppercuts might be willing to recognize any concessions you can offer.

I respectfully request that you recognize something that should be obvious — it’s over.

Everybody--at some point--must learn to accept defeat when it’s staring them in the face.

Excellent statements.

If you really want to help freelancers get ahead, I recommend posting messages that help freelancers. Don't invite them to one-on-one sessions (even if they’re free); don't send them to anything off-site; and don't attempt to engage them via PM. Whatever helpful tips, methods, or approaches you have--share them so that more freelancers (new and established) can learn from you. You will get nowhere by being deceptive and self-centered.

Perfectly stated.

The best thing you can do right now is take ownership of your actions and acknowledge the deceit:

Agreed.

A statement would help, a bit. I want an explanation regarding the "company" and how the employees are handled, as well as why the "help" must be secret, private, and individual. My concern has always been the new and inexperienced and even the ones who follow blindly, defending all the way. I see so many freelancers encountering these situations, to their detriment, explanations are required.

My words won't change the beliefs you've already formed, and you don't have to accept anything I say. So, I'll leave you with your own beliefs, my dear.

So, you refuse to take the simple steps Clark posted.

That says it all.

db3182de
Community Member

Ok

lysis10
Community Member

This place has been boring for years but this thread is one of the best I've seen for a long while. Good show, good sir. Excellent poseur post and his agency members coming here to praise him is a really nice added touch we haven't seen before. 

Loves it.

Yes, credit due, this is the first coordinated company/not a company or "supporters" response. Congratulations on being the first, even if it went nowhere.

It's also a handy way of taking note of who is on the team.

sundas_zahra
Community Member

Just wanted to say thanks for all the guidance Zulqarnain. Your sessions really motivated me, and I've actually started landing projects on Upwork after a long time. Though I thought that I will never get projects again as Upwork changed much. Why don't you start your sessions here too?

And I don't know why you start this post 😊

Does the "leader" tell you to hide your earnings? I have never seen so many people hiding their earnings. The truth is, clients find it suspicious when you hide your earnings;everyone finds it suspicious when you hide your earnings. You can't hide the fact if you are new and have no experience, with hiding your earnings. Why start out on hiding things?

Thanks for the post Sundas.
The purpose was to share and enjoy but anyways. 

Focus on your destination. 🤓

axentrix
Community Member

This thread, apart from the popcorns, provokes some really thoughtful insights. 
I can see that The World Health Organization got, say, $45M funding for research on the Covid vaccine and a few of these millions they handed over to the guy to do UX/UI design for them. 

Yes, it is only governments who can afford funding projects for millions. In my country, for instance, the various ministries' websites look and function (!) as if my grandmother designed and built them but yet, they cost millions $$$. These millions don't go in the pockets of developers or designers. There is a chain of intermediary brokers, consulting agencies that registered the day before, each taking their piece of the pie. The only way to grab your piece is to have friends in the government or administration. 

In conclusion - usually people with high working ethos are also good at what they do for a living. Whatever your  hourly rate is, what people may get inspiration from, is the way you handle your job, what you show in your portfolio. In visual disciplines this is crucial. 

Show me your work and I will know if you are WORTH $10M. Because, if you earned that by laying your creative hands on governmental projects (and not on LinkedIn as initially claimed. Those $9.8M), I already know the sad truth.

And no, dear novice UX/UI designers, don't shoot the messenger, but you cannot get rich by getting $250 jobs on Upwork hoping they will become $250 per hour ones 😞

zansari
Community Member

I am publishing all of my case studies one by one. 
Currently I have published a few, busy in doing more work.

Yeah please check and assess one of my **Edited for Community Guidelines** though which I had published recently.

74d827ba
Community Member

How are you Big Boss put me on.

2297e2bc
Community Member

Why not be a real human, and take your $$ and help the poor! Feed the homeless! End Poverty and WAR!

I bet you gave a beutiful house on the hill and some collectable cars in the garage too!

I really dislike hearing about braggarts who do nothing for humanity!

The last guy to put his name in gold on a tower that he does not even own.....well you know that story too!

It is said in many replies below...

I bet the censors remove this reply too.

or better yet - give all of us a few thousand for startuop funding!!

zansari
Community Member

If you've got a great idea, you'll attract plenty of investors. Right now, I'm busy exploring and improving the outcomes of my own ideas.

2297e2bc
Community Member

GREAT POINT! and a sound business practice too!

zansari
Community Member

1. Why your are in a fear of removal of any reply.
2. How do you know that I am not doing anything for huamnity? 

2297e2bc
Community Member

WAIT A MINUTE...

8413   - your reported hours

x $50 - your ask for rate

=$420,600

and at 50,000 hours - you made $200,000 an hour - This math isnt working here!

So are you inflating your income and assets like other olegarts do?

Or did you earned another 9,500,000,000 from side sources or large contracts?

Does the IRS know?

zansari
Community Member

Hey David,

Let me complex the math a bit further for you.
While working on Upwork, my hourly rate hasn't always been $50/hr. On average, it's been around $30/hr.

Just to give you an idea, my total earnings include income from various freelance platforms, mentorship and consultancy sites, professional social media platforms, and my personal website.

my total earnings include income from various freelance platforms, mentorship and consultancy sites, professional social media platforms, and my personal website.

But... you said you never charged for your mentorship. Oooopppsss.

That hole you were digging has turned into a deeper pit. You started with $21.00 an hour, then you changed it to $55.00 to try and fix the math, and then $50.00. Who knows what it is now or will be tomorrow. It doesn't matter; the math doesn't add up.

Again you are picking only those points which you wanted to fuel your arguements.

I mentioned the free mentorships to provide career guidance, answering queries, and offering reviews on various aspects such as profiles, bidding strategies, communication skills, and proposals. I also mentioned two platforms where I provided free mentorships i.e. UpWork and AdpList. 

I also mentioned that I am in many platforms where W.H.O and U.N projects along with Government, NGOs, and research projects are available I do have paid mentorships there. 

Both clearly mentioned in the same thread.

Pricing response already provided and I understand you don't want to believe it. I had mentioned my hourly rate more than $50 too, you might have missed it. Use it in your next message as well. 🙂

yofazza
Community Member

50×24×365×20 = 8.76

if you worth $50/hr

And you work 24 hrs a day

for 20 years

you still don't have 10 million

This girl build businesses, she can make similar claims and I'll believe her.

So, tell me about your UN and WHO businesses. It needs to be a business. Or you need to change your hourly rate again. Then it'll make sense.

zansari
Community Member

You might have missed my response on rates. I had shared my hourly rates and some of the fixed rates on big projects.
See this 

In all the posts you have made, you still refuse to answer any questions directly.

c508c939
Community Member

Hello sir , can you please assist me on to find freelance jobs? 

Rainard
zansari
Community Member

Hi Rainard,

I am happy to assist you. 
First I would suggest to complete your profile and upload some portfolio so I can assist you properly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members