🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UpWork: Do something to end these SCAMS!!!
Page options
alessandrolupini
Community Member

UpWork: Do something to end these SCAMS!!!

Honestly the ongoing problem of the scam jobs in the translation category is becoming absolutely out of control. This is today's situation:

scam1.png

scam2.png

scam3.png

All the red circled jobs are scam. There are 8 scam jobs in a row! All probably coming from the same group of "clients". This has been going on months. The situation is so bad that some old clients of mine have told me that now they would probably stay well away from posting new jobs on UpWork and use other platforms instead, since their jobs would be drowned in the sea of scam jobs posted. And because the platform doesn't look professional anymore.

I am also a bit tired of the generic UW responses like "thanks for flagging this, we take all reports seriously bla bla bla..." 
We have been flagging this type of jobs for months and nothing has changed. For a lot of freelancers, this platform is what we mainly use to make a living, so this is not acceptable.

How difficult it is to implement a system where clients can actually be verified? Can you please do something to solve this problem once and for all? 

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaG

Hi Alessandro,

I understand the frustration but I'd like to assure you that our Trust & Safety team is aware of the problem and is taking it seriously. They are working to address the issues, including higher than usual volumes of scam posts, and constantly changing methods of scam accounts. Feel free to check this post for an update from our Trust & Safety team and their efforts around addressing these issues. 

~Andrea
Upwork
d4dbe692
Community Member

That post is over 6 months old. Just to let you know... from a new user here, this is very disappointing! I'm rethinking signing up with Upwork. Have I wasted my time here?

the-right-writer
Community Member

That's all you will hear from Upwork. It is the same message we have been seeing for two years.

arsalan-m
Community Member

"thanks for flagging this, we take all reports seriously bla bla bla..." 

No!  they never say "we take all reports seriously" just Thanks...

something like "Thank you for wasting your own time"

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members